There is no planet B. It’s time to take effective climate action for which collaboration and innovation are key. This online course will boost your knowledge and skills to help you move from analysis to action in order to develop climate smart landscapes across the world.
Content of the course
The question is no longer WHY should we take climate action, but rather HOW we can take action. In this course you will learn how to take joint action to understand and address climate change impacts in your landscape or work.
It is widely recognized that there is an interconnection between climate change and biodiversity. With examples from all over the world, you will learn how climate change negatively affects biodiversity and human well-being, but also how biodiversity can play an important role in adaptation and mitigation efforts. With the support of professionals from various fields you will be guided from analysis to identifying innovate climate solutions at landscape level.
Join this course if you want to:
- Understand how climate change is impacting you and your landscape
- Know how to mobilize collaboration among landscape actors
- Learn from nature-based climate solutions from around the world
- Get practical support in taking some first steps in climate action in your landscape
What you will learn
- Define and explain different forms of climate action and understand the global urgency to take collective action;
- Understand how climate change is impacting you and your landscape and why the landscape is a good entry point to take climate action;
- Understand the relationship between climate change and biodiversity, and why integrating biodiversity in climate action is essential;
- Assess stakeholder dynamics in your landscape and understand the importance of effective multi-stakeholder collaboration for climate action;
- Apply participatory tools and methods to assess climate vulnerabilities and identify, prioritise and assess adaptation and mitigation measures to support landscape decision making;
- Explain what nature-based climate solutions are and how they can benefit your landscape;
- Turn your climate action in to a business case and identify potential sources of climate finance.