This workshop, run by Robin Snowdon (vineyard manager and winemaker for Limeburn Hill Biodynamic Vineyard), will cover the basics of biodynamic viticulture (growing the grapes) and biodynamic viniculture (making the wine).
It will include:
- the principles of biodynamic agriculture,
- an introduction to biodynamic vineyard management, the use of compost teas & plant-based sprays for vine health,
- an introduction to the biodynamic preparations with examples,
- a tour of the vineyard and exploration of the grape varieties, trellising systems, soil care and treatments,
- an introduction to biodynamic wine making,
- a tasting of our natural wines with an explanation of the processes followed,
- plenty of space for questions and discussion, as required.
This course is ideal for:
- anyone interested in setting up an organic / biodynamic vineyard,
- anyone interested in making biodynamic wine,
- anyone selling or serving biodynamic wine – working in restaurants, bars, or in the wine trade,
- anyone interested in the principles of biodynamic agriculture.
- There will be a maximum of 12 people on the workshop and the price also includes lunch.
- If you would like more information then please feel free to contact Robin directly on firstname.lastname@example.org