At this critical time for UK farmers and food businesses this discussion will explore the opportunity to develop more resilient, respectful and sustainable food systems. In January OF&G called for policy to acknowledge and support the clear benefits of the land sharing approach.
Supported by the Food, Farming and Countryside Commission, Organic Research Centre and the Sustain Alliance for better food and farming, the conversation will be around the value of agroecological food production systems where multiple benefits interlace to give a greater positive impact than each part simply working on its own and so will be far more beneficial to ecologies and economies.
- Chair: Charlotte Smith, Journalist and Broadcaster, BBC Farming Today
- Roger Kerr, Chief Executive at OF&G
- Sue Pritchard, Chief Executive at the Food, Farming and Countryside Commission
- Dr Bruce Pearce, Director at the ORC
- Vicki Hird, Campaign Coordinator at Sustain
This is part of a series of virtual events being hosted by OF&G in response to social distancing as an alternative to the annual field event National Organic Combinable Crops (NOCC).