No-Till Growers is headed to the West Coast!
Join us in Lakeside, CA on February 15th (Valentine’s weekend in Southern California, anyone?) for a day-long intensive with not just one, but two no-till growers, Jared Smith of Jared’s Real Food and Steven Cornett of Nature’s Always Right, as we dig into the no-till systems used on their respective farms, including a tour of Jared’s Real Food.
Both Jared and Steven have been guests on The No-Till Market Garden Podcast. Each will be presenting on their respective approaches, from an urban to large[er]-scale no-till veg.
IN THE INTENSIVE, GROWERS WILL LEARN & EXPERIENCE…
- Why reducing/eliminating tillage will make your farm more profitable and efficient
- The ‘“Nuts and bolts” of Jared and Steven’s no-till approaches, including setting up, bed prep, planting, irrigation, fertility, maintenance, etc.
- Field demos of certain no-till farm processes (i.e. bed flipping) and the tools/methods used
- Fertility management: Using compost, vermicompost, aerated teas, minerals, fertilizers, & Korean natural farming
- Biological approaches to fertility/pest management (i.e. soil health, biodiversity, perennial hedgerows, lowest impact intervention, etc.)
- How to adapt the basic principles of no-till to different growing contexts from year one to established farm
- Connect with other no-till growers from across the country to network, share information, and inspiration (over a pint, no less)
- Pick the brains of 3+ successful no-till farmers growing in different contexts and apply their collective experience to your farm
- Tour of one of the most innovative small-scale no-till market gardens in the country
Space is limited, so please purchase yours as soon as possible.
Discounts may be available to you based on your Patreon level.
If you have questions, please send us a message at email@example.com.
The workshop will begin at 8 am and will be an all-day, rain-or-shine, event.
Coffee and lunch will be provided and are included in the ticket price.