Learn in a focused, small-group environment from Jeff Moyer, author of the Organic No-Till Farming and CEO of Rodale Institute, and his team of researchers and farmers on the beautiful Rodale Institute farm in Kutztown, Pennsylvania.
Attendees will learn an organic farming system that limits tillage, reduces labor, and improves soil structure. With both classroom and in-the-field instruction, this intensive offers a look at the latest tools based on sound biological principles, making it possible to reduce and even eliminate tillage. Field-tested over many seasons, these methods will make cover crops a source of fertility and a tool for weed management in your operation.
Location: The field day and intensive will be held on the Rodale Institute grounds. The address is: 611 Siegfriedale Road, Kutztown, Pennsylvania, 19530-9320 USA
Learn More: To learn more about the Organic Farmers Association (OFA), call 610-683-1475, or visit organicfarmersassociation.org.
Organic Field Day, July 17
Join more than 400 farmers, growers and ranchers from around the country. Attendees can choose between a number of research and demonstration projects, or choose to focus on one topic all day.
- Farming systems trial;
- Vegetable systems trial;
- High tunnels & grafted tomatoes;
- Organic vegetable cropping;
- Pastured hog production;
- Treatment-free beekeeping;
- Organic no-till;
- Agriculture-supported communities; and
- Organic pest management.
- $689 early bird and Organic Farmers Association members (until June 5)
- $739 regular registration (June 6 – July 1)
- $25 for the field day
- Register at events.acresusa.com
- Lunch will be served both days. You will need to arrange your own lodging.
- Field Day attendees will have the option of bringing their own lunch or purchasing lunch from one of the vendors.
Organic farmers and conventional farmers who want to refine their no-till practices.