Our next Talkin’ After Hours – ‘Restoring Farmland Soils in our Mediterranean Environment’ features Australian soil ecologist Dr Christine Jones. In this special 1.5 hour webinar our guest speaker will explain the truly amazing connections between plants, microbes & the soil. And how a positive feedback loop between them all can work to restore our farmland soils. By the end of this webinar you will:
- Understand how living plants support microbial activity
- Know how microbes improve soil structure, nutrient availability & water holding capacity
- Understand the impact on soils of applications of large amounts of inorganic N & water soluble P.
- Have some tips on transitioning to biology friendly fertilizer practices
- Understand the role of strategic grazing of summer ground cover
- Learn strategies to transition out of an annual only pasture system, and enhance the diversity of pastures for year-round active plant cover.
Once you book your ticket you’ll receive a confirmation with a link to register for the webinar. As this is a LIVE, ONLINE webinar you’ll be able to ask questions during and after the presentation.
After the webinar we’ll send you:
- Access to the recording of the webinar
- A PDF of the presentation
This webinar is aimed at farmers & landholders in the South West of Western Australia who want to find out how to improve the capacity of their land to catch & store water in our drying climate. The webinar is also open to anyone who is interested in understanding the principles of soil health & how those principles work in practice.