On-farm information and demonstration day for integrating trees and pastures for long term resilience and profit. Hosted by Harnham Landcare Group, a sub-group of Southern New England Landcare Ltd and Taylors Run Farm, Kentucky.
- Rowan Reid Australia’s #1 advocate for agroforestry, author of ‘Heartwood’ and founder of the Australian Master TreeGrower program.
- Michael Taylor principal at Taylors Run silvopasture farm, grazier and Master Tree Grower.
- Professor Nick Reid (Ecosystem Management, University of New England) co-author of ‘Nature and Farming: Sustaining Native Biodiversity in Agricultural Landscapes’ and researcher of biodiversity and ecosystem services in agriculture for two decades.
- David Carr, specialist in ecological restoration http://stringybarkecological.com.au
- Fields Environmental Solutions, specialists in native vegetation restoration https://fieldsenvironmentalsolutions.com.au
- Kentucky Tree Nursery, specialists in farm tree establishment and Master Tree Grower http://www.kentuckytreenursery.com
- Dr Rhiannon Smith, Research Fellow and Lecturer in Environmental Management at University of New England.
The event will feature the following sessions:
- Establishment (design, species selection, seed collection, planting)
- Ecosystem Benefits (conservation and ecosystem services)
- Maintenance (intermediate products, thinning and pruning)
- Production (timber, food, fibre, flowers, oils, resins)