The planning committee is closely monitoring the evolving COVID-19 situation and the impact it may have on our event in September. Registrants will continue to receive updates about the event throughout the summer and we will communicate any changes to format as soon as possible.Learn how to economically integrate no-till, strip-till, and cover crops into your system from experienced farmers.
- Soil fertility
- Nutrient management
- How to integrate cover crops into reduced till operations
- True cost of field erosion
A farmer panel, consisting of the Olson Family (Hawley, MN), Scott Olson (Appleton, MN), Tim Koosmann (Holloway, MN), and Greg Fynboh (Donnelly, MN), will discuss the challenges that local producers face when striving to improve soil health. Lastly, watch some equipment get dirty in the side–by–side equipment demonstrations presented by regional and national manufacturers of cover crop interseeders, strip-till implements, and no-till planters.
Confirmed Equipment includes:
- ETS strip till (Environmental Tillage Systems, Inc.)
- Kuhn Krause strip till (Kuhn North America)
- Orthman strip till (Orthman)
- StripTillForYou (Klosterman AG)
- Montag interseeder (Montag Manufacturing Inc)
- Farmer created interseeder
- Midwest Machinery No-till planter (Midwest Machinery)
- Titan No-till planter (Titan Machinery)
- Grant County Soil and Water Conservation District
- Pomme de Terre River Watershed
The Expo is a collaboration between the Rollofson family, Grant Soil and Water Conservation District, the University of Minnesota – Extension, the Natural Resource Conservation Service, and the Pomme de Terre River Association.
There is no cost to attend this event. Pre-registration is requested to help with meals, grounds planning, and updates concerning changes in the agenda.
To register go to z.umn.edu/SHexpo or call or email Jared House at (218) 685-5395 / email@example.com.