Soil Health Workshop: Soil Testing, Cover Cropping & Monitoring Soil Health on Your Farm
Join the WSU Regional Small Farms Program and Finnriver Farm for a soils field day workshop. This workshop will include both indoor presentations and an outdoor field walk.
Workshop Topics Include:
Soil Testing: Interpreting Soil Test Results
- Walk through an example
- Fertility management decisions after soil test results
How does one monitor soil health on their farm?
- Quick nitrate testing
- Reduced tillage practices
- Soil health assessments (short and long term)
- Varieties for PNW
- Seasonal timeline of cover cropping activities on farm
- Equipment needed
- Keith Kisler, owner of Finnriver Farm
- Doug Collins, WSu Puyallup Extension Faculty with the Center for Sustaining Agriculture and Natural Resources and an affiliate faculty with the WSU Department of Crop and Soil Sciences. His extension programs and research focus on soil quality and vegetable and fruit production for small farms.
- Nathan Stacey, Post Doctoral Researcher at WSU Puyallup Research & Extension Center
WSU Extension programs and employment are available to all without discrimination. Evidence of noncompliance may be reported through your local Extension office. Reasonable accommodations will be made for persons with disabilities and special needs who contact Kellie Henwood (121 Oak Bay Rd, Port Hadlock, WA 98339 / firstname.lastname@example.org / (360) 379-5610 ext. 201) at least two weeks prior to event.