GAF is a highly motivated service organization focused on using the assets of Greenacres to provide custom-designed hands-on active learning opportunities for children of all ages. All opportunities are customized to the needs of the visiting group which primarily consist of local school groups from K to 8. All school based programs are tied to the national and/or state standards so that they contribute to the success of the classroom teacher.
In 1988 we focused on Environment Education, had one employee and provided hands-on programs about riparian zones for 60 children. In 2019 we provided programs based on the environment, generative agriculture, equine, and classical arts to over 32,000 visitors. Our programs are of the highest quality. They should be. Quality Quality Quality (QQQ) is a core value.
Our dedication to our values: Grace, Good Neighbor Policy, and Green cannot be overstated. Our employees strive to be the best of the best and flourish in a team environment where outcomes are the result of teamwork. Greenacres is not just a place to work – it is a career, a lifestyle, and a place to exude passion for the Mission and Vision of our Founders – Louis and Louise Nippert. We are here to serve the community and change the lives of children.
Greenacres Foundation is looking for a dedicated, innovative farmer who has a can-do attitude and the ability to lead our sustainable farming operations. Someone instead of saying “no”, finds creative alternatives to situations. A qualified candidate for this role should have the passion and skillset to build teams who employ consistent practices in regenerative and sustainable Agriculture. The Agriculture Director will be responsible for the quality and profitability of Greenacres Agriculture efforts across all locations. Greenacres animal husbandry consists of a grass-based production model utilizing registered Black Angus Cattle, sheep, hogs, and poultry. Greenacres gardens and greenhouse follow practices that would be considered “organic.”
Responsibilities of the Agriculture Director will include:
- Education – A commitment to keeping the educational value of our farms in the forefront of mind when making decisions regarding the management and modifications to all assets involving livestock, garden, and the greenhouse. This position must work collaboratively with all education departments to provide visitors to the farm with the highest quality experience.
- Holistic Management Practices – A commitment to supporting and driving the integration of holistic and generative practices in every aspect of livestock and pasture management. Becoming an educational resource and expert for the community in these areas is an expectation of this position.
- Research – A commitment to collaboration in supporting and expanding the opportunities of the research department at Greenacres.
- Cattle Genetics Program Development – A commitment to developing the best grass based Angus herd in the region. This will be achieved through the implementation of state of the art reproductive practices including, but not limited to, embryo transfer and genomic data research.
- Generative Management Practices – A commitment to supporting and driving the integration of generative practices in every aspect of garden and crop production and soil management.
- Team Development – This position is expected to develop future leaders by providing opportunities for training and mentorship within the livestock and garden production teams. This position will directly supervise Livestock and Garden Manager(s), but will assume responsibility for all practices, continuous improvement processes, and budgets for these enterprises, land assets, and facilities.
- Financial Oversight – A commitment to sound financial planning for all Greenacres Farms. This will include developing and implementing an innovative profit strategy that’s measured by our total production. Budgets and income statements for each individual farm as well as a comprehensive farm finance planning. Review actual vs. budget on a monthly basis with Managers
Additional Professional Activities
- Collaborate and coordinate with appropriate regional and national organizations to provide volunteer and staff development opportunities
- Attend and present at appropriate local, regional and national association meetings
- Publish in the appropriate journals as the opportunity arises
- Expand, train and mentor staff to handle all of the above
- Make presentations about Greenacres as appropriate to public groups.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Horticulture, Sustainable Agriculture, Animal Science or Agriculture Education or comparable academic discipline or equivalent experientially gained knowledge
- Minimum of 5 years supervision and management experience
- Management/supervisor skills to guide the team to meet individual, group, department and organizational goals
- 2 – 5 years of Sustainable Agriculture or Organic farming experience
- HMI, Savory, Salatin certification or equivalent years of regenerative agriculture background on a broad-based farm is required
- Thorough knowledge of and implementation of low stress and humane livestock management, generative farming, crop production and land/soil management
- Experience with artificial insemination, embryo transfer, calving, cattle handling, administration of medications, sheep management, poultry management, and forage management is a plus
- Ability to lift and move equipment and materials commensurate with the position
- Familiarity with computer-based agriculture management systems
- Driver’s license with a clean driving record and ability to obtain a CDL
- Ability to work collaboratively with other departments
- Ability to pass a drug screen, BCI/FBI background check and physical as required
Why Choose Us?
As a company, we invest in our employees in all aspects of their life. We understand that the health of yourself and families are very important; along with your time here at GAF. All TEAM Members of GAF are a part of Greenacres and live the values that we promote for our visitors: Grace, Good Neighbor Policy, Green, and Quality Quality Quality.
Listed below you will find some of the benefits and perks if you choose to be a part of our team at Greenacres:
- Market Competitive Salary
- Generous PTO Package
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance Plans
- Simplified Employee Pension Plan
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Fun & Engaging Culture
- Ongoing training, education, and industry partnerships that allow you to be up to speed on the latest innovations, technologies and processes
- Relocation assistance is available for this position
- On-site housing is available for this position
Greenacres Foundation is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.Apply via Regen Farming News →
Phone: +1 513-891-4227