Due to continued growth we are seeking a Business Development Manager with experience in land management to join our team in Melbourne.
- Work alongside a dynamic and innovative team
- Work with an organisation with a strong focus on environment and sustainability
- Pathways for you to succeed and the space for you to carve your own journey
About the role:
Ventia’s sustainability framework is aligned to the United Nations Sustainability Development Goals. We are committed to delivering on our commitment to minimising our environmental impact in everything that we do and assisting our clients with their sustainability goals. We are looking to leverage on our success within land management encompassing; fire, weed, pest control, surface and ground water monitoring.
This role sits within our leadership team and will be reporting to the General Manager Technology Solutions. Whilst this role will be based in Melbourne it will have a nationwide focus. The successful candidate will be responsible for delivering a pipeline of opportunities with our existing clients and as well as growing the portfolio with new business opportunities.
What you’ll be doing:
- Accountable for the pipeline of land management opportunities with a focus on fire, weed, pest control and solutions such as carbon abatement and biodiversity
- Development of market engagement strategy encompassing priority offerings, priority sectors and accounts in close collaboration with internal Business Development community
- Leading pre-sales activities, including customer meets, to communicate Ventia’s capability, expertise and solutions
- Developing and delivering communications and marketing collateral including creative use of channels (i.e. social media) to grow awareness
- You will provide guidance in supporting our clients in achieving their goals of sustainability
What you will need:
- Tertiary qualification in environmental engineering, science or ecology
- Subject matter expert on land management
- Extensive experience in account management, development of sales, clients and marketing strategies with the ability to negotiate positive outcomes
- Ability to establish strong networks across key authorities including environment land and planning departments and local councils
- Hold a current driver’s licence
What we offer you:
Ventia offers you a flexible, supportive and inclusive work environment where you matter.
- We take our people’s careers seriously, helping them to learn and grow.
- There’s nothing more important to us than keeping our people and the public safe.
- We look after each other and foster our people’s wellbeing.
No matter who you are, we encourage you to apply for the job that’s right for you. We are actively increasing diversity across our business so our workforce reflects the diverse communities in which we work. Our current focus is on employing more women at all levels of our organisation.
One of Australasia’s largest dedicated infrastructure service providers, Ventia is a new and dynamic organisation with a rich history. Our clients are the owners and operators of major infrastructure that is critical to our communities. No one else does exactly what we do in the way we do it. Making infrastructure work for our communities is at the heart of who we are and it’s what unites and excites us.Apply via Regen Farming News →