Certification Operations Assistant
at California Certified Organic Farmers (CCOF)
CCOF advances organic agriculture for a healthy world. We advocate on behalf of our members for organic policies, support the growth of organic through education and grants, and provide organic certification that is personal and accessible.
CCOF is a nonprofit organization governed by the people who grow and make our food. Founded in California more than 40 years ago, today our roots span the breadth of North America and our presence is internationally recognized. We are supported by an organic family of farmers, ranchers, processors, retailers, consumers, and policymakers. Together, we work to realize a future where organic is the norm.
About the Position:
The Certification Operations Assistant works in the Santa Cruz office, with a team to complete a wide range of administrative tasks associated with organic food certification. Duties for this entry-level position are essential to the certification process and include direct communication with members, data entry, and administrative support for staff.
This is a full-time, non-exempt status position reporting to the Certification Operations Manager.
- Communicate with CCOF members regarding general questions.
- Provide incoming phone and email customer support.
- Work daily with a proprietary database and complete data entry for new applications and client updates.
- Provide certification staff support through workload management.
- Work on special projects and teams as needed.
- Excellent communication skills in person, on the phone, and in writing.
- Competency in word processing, databases, and email.
- Ability to operate independently and solve problems with minimum supervision.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to follow instructions.
- Ability to multi-task in a busy environment.
- Consistency, dependability, and punctuality.
Preferred Additional Qualifications:
- Spanish language skills, sufficient to communicate verbally and in writing with Spanish speaking clients.
- Experience in an office environment.
- Experience or interest in organic agriculture and production.
Candidates who will work from the Santa Cruz, CA office are preferred, but we may consider remote work for the right candidate. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic and current CCOF policy, this position is currently entirely remote. Employees will need to provide their workspace while the office remains closed. CCOF will provide full-time remote employees with all the necessary technology to have a fully operable workstation.