Chief Executive Officer
at Landcare Victoria Inc.
Closing date: 2020-06-01
Landcare Victoria Inc. (LVi) works in the area of sustainable agriculture and natural environment conservation, and is a membership-based association, established 30 years ago. It is the peak body of the Landcare movement in Victoria and the voice of the Landcare community. LVi has a member Council of around 50 representatives and is governed by a Committee of Management (CoM) comprising of 10 elected volunteer members and 2 elected professional members.
After 30 years it’s time for a refresh and it’s time to engage our inaugural CEO to lead the organisation in this next stage of our development. With recent similar development within Landcare NSW, this is an extremely exciting time for a resourceful leader to drive growth and impact for our members.
We’re looking for a values driven leader with a “can do” attitude, who will proactively represent the needs of our 60,000 volunteer members and 80 regionally based facilitators. You’ll be highly experienced and motivated and have a strong track record in leading respectful, outcome focused change, within an organisation. Your natural friendly approach means you easily build and maintain strong collaborative relationships with all stakeholders across community, business and Government. You combine your business acumen with your strong people management, finance and communication skills to improve outcomes and resources, aligned to strategic objectives.
This is an extraordinary opportunity for a high calibre leader to influence and guide this process, to position our organisation for the future.
Key Selection Criteria:
- Demonstrated high level leadership and management skills and experience, with a strong ability to create a vision for the future which will inspire and engage our members.
- Experience with and/or understanding of, the passion and drivers for community-based Landcare groups and the capacity to work productively with regional and local stakeholders and the ability to motivate and activate a passionate volunteer base.
- Demonstrated highly developed interpersonal skills, including strong skills in negotiation, consultation and collaboration.
- Experience in developing and maintaining effective relationships with a diverse range of stakeholders, including senior levels of government and major corporates.
- Strong fundraising, marketing and public relations experience, and the ability to effectively engage stakeholders through change and improvement.
- Highly developed written and oral communication skills, with the ability to influence at the highest level. Confident public speaking and presentation style.
- Sound understanding of corporate governance and demonstrated ability to work proactively in partnership with the Committee of Management.
- Demonstrated commercial business acumen, effective human resources and financial management skills with well-developed skills in conceptual thinking, analysis, problem resolution and decision making.
- Highly developed organisational, project and time management skills and a demonstrated ability to effectively plan, prioritise and delegate tasks.
- Demonstrated ability to collaboratively identify and lead improvements in systems and processes.
- Direct experience in developing and managing o a not for profit, grass roots organisation, especially those with decentralised operations or o a member based organisation
- Knowledge of and experience in, agriculture, biodiversity, conservation
A combination (or equivalent) of the following, in conjunction with significant workplace experience
- Tertiary qualifications in a relevant discipline (Agriculture, Environmental Science, Conservation or Business etc.) o Post Graduate qualifications in Management, Business or related fields Also required Current Police check (the successful applicant will be required to undergo a police check prior to employment)
For more information, read through the Landcare Victoria Inc CEO Position Description