At Advancing Eco Agriculture, our mission is to increase the health of humans and our planet by changing the way food is grown on commercial farms. We have developed systems of regenerative agriculture that can be used at scale in commercial growing operations. We have worked with growers to launch these systems on large farms across North and South America, and have helped these growers increase quality, yields, and profits while growing healthy food and sequestering carbon.
About the role: Chief Marketing Officer
We employ direct marketing and permission and content marketing tactics to reach our audience of growers and farmers. While we have people on our team who assist with marketing efforts, we are seeking to recruit a marketing leader who can provide the vision, experience, structure, and approach to take our marketing to the next level. We are looking for someone whose duties will be to work with our CEO, founder, and executive team to strengthen our branding and awareness, enhance our lead generation strategies and direct the continued development of our customer experience teams.
What does the role entail?
On the ground, your work will include building and managing small teams of direct reports in marketing and customer experience, interfacing with R&D, and sales, identifying growth opportunities, and managing content development, direct marketing outreach, and public relations. You will report to the CEO and work directly with the founder on strategic development.
What kind of person will you be?
In your prior work, you’ve demonstrated successful team leadership, strategic thinking, exceptional listening skills, prioritization, multitasking and execution abilities in companies and organizations with highly collaborative cultures. You have employed content marketing techniques to reach a target audience and managed content development, and feel strongly that the quality of a customer’s experience drives a company’s success.
At AEA, leadership qualities like commitment, empathy, kindness and caring are embodied by our team members from the top down. Your first focus will be to build your team and help them grow to be the best they can be. You will get down in the dirt with your team and personally execute tasks and tactics. You will demonstrate exceptional leadership skills, and in return, you will have strong support from your team, your peers, and your supervisor.
Your responsibilities will be to:
- Lead strategic marketing planning and goal setting with the executive team
- Build and lead the marketing team
- Build and lead customer care and customer success teams
- Manage all aspects of customer experience
- Manage implementation of the brand strategy
- Manage implementation of the lead generation strategy
- Manage event strategy
- Manage public relations
- Manage the interactions along the lead generation and customer journeys
- Direct the development of messaging, events, content, and campaigns
- Implement processes for measuring marketing initiatives
- Develop and adhere to the marketing budget
You will oversee:
- Podcast, webinars, website, e-commerce, email, advertising, social media channels
- Product marketing materials (case studies, product information, testimonials, label and packaging design)
- Evaluation, planning, attendance, and follow-up of events
- Ongoing target customer profile and lead scoring system development
- Co-marketing and PR opportunities
- Building thought leadership
You will have successfully filled a team leadership position, with experience as a CMO or Marketing Director. You should have an excellent understanding of the digital landscape, including SEO, analytics, ads, and social channels. You are experienced in content marketing and permission marketing and have an excellent eye for graphic design. Your communication approach is empathetic, diplomatic, and pleasant.
This role can be remote, or you can work out of one of our Indiana, Ohio, or California offices. Some travel will be required. We provide a competitive salary and benefits, including health care. We have a supportive, people-first company culture, and are looking for someone who will work with our executive team to continue building this culture while driving strategic marketing objectives.
- Send a cover letter – no templates, please, because we want to know WHY you think this position with AEA is the perfect fit for you! This doesn’t need to be long, but it does need to convey your authenticity in a meaningful way.
- Include CV/Resume and desired salary range.
- Provide three professional references and three personal references.
- Submit all materials via email to Eric Girdler, Chief Operations Officer, at firstname.lastname@example.org.