The Client Success Manager, Trust in Food ensures that TIF clients and partners receive high quality, timely, customer-centric deliverables across projects. This position provides essential internal and external project management for Farm Journal’s newest division, focused on regenerative, sustainable, and conservation agriculture across the value chain.
This essential role is ideally suited for a seasoned project manager who loves to bring confidence and order to projects within fast paced, flexible environments.
Come join a team that is revolutionizing how farmers connect with regenerative and climate-smart agriculture and helping future proof Americans’ trust in food.
This position works across Farm Journal on behalf of Trust in Food clients and programs. The Customer Success manager works across the entire project cycle, helping ensure clear scope of work, lining up internal and external resources for delivery, managing expectations throughout the life of the project, and conducting evaluation of the project’s success at completion. A successful candidate will be one who is high energy, self-motivated, and a resilient and creative problem solver. The position requires outstanding interpersonal communications skills combined with exceptional organizational skills.
These duties include, but are not limited to, the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Ensure client delight with TIF programs and project delivery via outstanding customer service and clear expectations management.
- Together with TIF staff, including Business Development director, VP, and EVP in accurate scoping, costing and feasibility of proposed projects.
- Identify and coordinate the resources needed to execute projects across internal Farm Journal divisions and external vendors, ensuring excellence in delivery against client expectations.
- Implement detailed project tracking using multiple internal systems, and proactively communicate across project teams on project needs, changes, and updates.
- Traffic project deliverables across multiple internal teams and systems (including digital, print, broadcast).
- Interface with clients regularly, securing input, approvals, and ongoing relationship management.
- Measure project performance using appropriate tools and techniques and provide ongoing performance reporting to internal stakeholders and clients.
Skills & Attributes Required
These qualifications include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a project manager or similar position
- Proven project management skills
- Unparalleled client-facing and internal communication skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to manage competing priorities with high attention to detail
- Ability to manage multiple projects and tasks on a regular basis
- Media, MarCom agency, or consulting organizational background or experience preferred
- Adaptable, flexible, thrives in ambiguous and evolving environments.
- Innovative & creative. Not afraid to re-image processes or possibilities—or create new ones—that serve clients and meet business goals.
- Team Player. Belief that communication, collaboration and accountability are keys to be a great teammate.
- Interest and experience with food, agriculture, sustainability a plus.
Farm Journal is the recognized leader in B2B agriculture content, data and business insights. The Company’s broad portfolio of content channels – including magazines, broadcast, websites, events, enewsletters, social and mobile audiences and other online offerings – feed the most robust demographic and behavioral database and the largest collection of 1st party data in the industry The Company serves almost every key audience in agriculture, including crop farmers, livestock producers, the produce chain (retail, growers, shippers, wholesalers, brokers, etc.) and ag retail (crop and livestock input retailers, co-ops, consultants, farm managers, machinery dealers, etc.).
The Farm Journal brand is an industry icon and the Company’s trusted agricultural resources include market leaders such as AgWeb.com, The Packer, Drovers, Dairy Herd Management and Pro Farmer and nationally renowned television and radio programs including “U.S. Farm Report,” “AgDay,” “Machinery Pete” and “AgriTalk.” Farm Journal’s portfolio also includes more than a dozen industry-leading websites, from AgWeb.com and ThePacker.com to ProduceMarketGuide.com. The Company licenses detailed industry data through its FarmReach Vision database, publishes several paid-information newsletters, produces numerous large-scale live events, and provides extensive custom-publishing services. Farm Journal is also majority owner of the leading used farm equipment marketplace, Machinery Pete, LLC.
Farm Journal demonstrates unique industry leadership through the Farm Journal Foundation, a non-profit, public hunger charity established to sustain agriculture’s ability to meet the vital needs of a growing population through education and advocacy, and with Trust In FoodTM, a Farm Journal Initiative to empower resilient and sustainable agriculture by helping farmers enrich soils, protect waters, clear skies and nurture habitat.Apply via Regen Farming News →