Communications and Outreach Coordinator
at Southeastern Massachusetts Agricultural Partnership
Closing date: 2020-06-01
SEMAP – the Southeastern Massachusetts Agricultural Partnership is a community-supported partnership between the general public and commercial agriculture working to support local farms on the South Coast through marketing, education and technical assistance. For two decades, SEMAP has helped to expand markets for local agricultural products, preserve local farmland and increase the awareness of local agricultural products to the ‘eaters’ of Southeastern MA. SEMAP has developed strong on-going collaborations with area land trusts, nonprofits, educational institutions, farmers and government agencies to better implement its mission.
Our users – above all – are looking to work with organizations that make a difference. They have a keen interest in sustainable food and/or food culture. The more information that you include about how your business addresses those issues, the more applicants you will get.
Reports to: Executive Director
SEMAP is dedicated to preserving and expanding access to local food and sustainable farming in southeastern Massachusetts through research and education. We serve farms, farmers, and the communities of southeastern Massachusetts with our primary service area covering Bristol, Norfolk, and Plymouth counties.
The Communications and Outreach Coordinator will manage SEMAP’s newsletters, social media, event tabling, website, and membership, as well as coordinate a project to better connect farmers and low-income communities. This person will represent SEMAP as an initial point of contact in variety of settings and requires access to transportation. This is a full-time hourly position with occasional weekend/evening work and requires the ability to work remotely.
- Coordinate and maintain SEMAP’s outreach and communications – newsletters, social media, website
- Membership outreach and communications – renewals, member packets, new member outreach
- Coordinate “Welcoming Markets” grant project connecting low income communities to local food
- Help coordinate major fundraising events
- Other duties as assigned
- Knowledge of and commitment to the nonprofit sector, especially local food and sustainable farming
- Organization skills; strong verbal and written skills, cordial, energetic and flexible; possess sound judgment, including the ability to use discretion and maintain a high level of confidentiality
- Must have excellent organizational, interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to telecommute.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize in a dynamic work situation as well as work alone and self-manage
- Event planning or program coordination experience
- Knowledge of WordPress, ConstantContact or MailChimp, Microsoft Office Suite, Google shared documents. eTapestry or similar development software experience a plus.
- Familiarity with local organizations working with low-income communities
The Southeastern Massachusetts Agricultural Partnership, Inc. is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion or religious creed, mental or physical disability, medical condition, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, military or veteran status or other characteristics protected by state or federal law or ordinance.