The National Young Farmers Coalition (Young Farmers) represents, mobilizes, and engages young farmers to ensure their success. Since our founding in 2010, we have launched 45 farmer-led chapters in 26 states and have grown our grassroots network to over 200,000 individuals and partner organizations. We give young farmers tools to become leaders in their communities, building an effective political voice at the local, state, and national level.
Together, we tackle the most critical structural and economic barriers that prevent motivated young people from starting and growing successful farm businesses—including access to affordable farmland, student loan debt, climate change, healthcare, racial inequities, and more. We have won historic investments in beginning farmer training, outreach to farmers of color, and farmland conservation.
About the Position
Young Farmers seeks a Communications Associate to support our national communications, social media strategy, website management, and outreach efforts. We are looking for an organized and creative candidate to help us share the stories of young farmers, particularly farmers of color, with the general public, policy makers, funders, and consumers, and to translate complex policy news into useful outreach to our farmer members.
Our ideal candidate will be organized, comfortable managing several workstreams, a strong writer, fluent in social media posting and engagement, and full of ideas and enthusiasm to help build Young Farmers’ online identity and impact. This position is full-time and temporary, August 1, 2020- December 31, 2020, with the possibility of becoming a permanent position.
The successful candidate will offer:
- Strong writing and editing skills
- A demonstrated commitment to racial equity in the workplace
- Ability to work in a self-directed manner
- Highly organized, comfortable managing several workstreams
- Willingness to learn about new subjects and take initiative on leading new projects
- Demonstrated ability to be a team player
- Ideal candidate may also have:
- Public relations or press experience
- Proficiency with WordPress and Salesforce platforms
- Knowledge of agricultural issues, programs, and policies at the state or federal level
- Experience working on immigration/labor issues
- Graphic design, illustration, or other creative skills or experience
- Bachelor’s degree or commensurate experience in communications, marketing, public policy, food or agriculture policy, environmental science or policy, or other relevant subject
- Farming or ranching experience
SalaryApply via Regen Farming News →
Phone: (518) 643-3564