at Advancing Eco Agriculture
Closing date: 2020-07-17
At Advancing Eco Agriculture, our mission is to increase the health of humans and our planet by changing the way food is grown on commercial farms. We’ve developed systems of regenerative agriculture that can be used at scale in commercial growing operations. We’ve worked with growers to launch these systems on large farms across North and South America, and have helped these growers increase quality, yields, and profits while growing healthy food and sequestering carbon.
About the role: Content Manager
We employ a robust content marketing strategy to reach our audience of growers and farmers. Our goal with this strategy is to provide value and build trust by developing and distributing cutting edge, on-brand information that is both valuable to our target audience of commercial and large-scale producers, and that positions our company as a thought leader in the regenerative agriculture space.
Within our content strategy, we develop webinars, videos, content for our website and social channels, product information, emails, and more. We host and publish one of the most popular podcasts in agriculture. We are looking for someone who is enthusiastic about furthering regenerative agriculture and who understands the design behind content marketing to own and manage all facets of our content production from planning to publication.
What does the role entail?
As the content manager, you will be in a position to add your unique approach to our information development. Your role will consist of organizing, managing, scheduling, developing or managing the development of content, and publishing various content pieces simultaneously. You will write copy, design visual elements, and work with freelancers and other team members. You will report to the CMO and work with the company’s founder on many initiatives as well as interface with the sales, customer care, and R&D teams.
What kind of person will you be?
In your prior work, you’ve managed and developed content, and have demonstrated exceptional team collaboration and communication skills. You have an understanding of website platforms, email marketing providers and other content management systems. You are competent at organizing, executing, and have excellent computer, copywriting, and design skills. You seek out new learning opportunities and have the ability to learn and iterate quickly.
Your responsibilities will be to:
- Execute the content development plan as outlined by the CMO
- Organize and manage the content publishing schedule
- Collaborate with team members to develop content
- Write copy for emails, brochures, video scripts, and other descriptive content
- Understand and practice high quality visual design
- Manage freelance designers and video/audio editors
- Ensure content is in line with the company’s brand, goals, and vision as well as follow a rigorous internal content review process
- Communicate with the audience on social channels and through email
- Develop reports on content metrics
You will work on:
- Podcast, webinars, and website
- E-commerce and social media channels
- Product marketing materials (case studies, product information, testimonials)
- Videos, email, and advertising
- Event-related content
- Promotion-related content
You have an excellent understanding of the semantics of content creation and a background or interest in regenerative agriculture, and are looking for an opportunity to join a highly collaborative team at the forefront of agricultural change.
- 2 or more years of content development experience
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing, or related field
This role can work out of our Indiana or Ohio office. We provide a competitive salary and benefits. We have a supportive, people-first company culture, and are looking for someone who will work with our team to continue building this culture while driving strategic marketing objectives through content development.
- Send a cover letter – no templates, please, because we want to know WHY you think this position with AEA is the perfect fit for you. Your cover letter needs to convey your authenticity in a meaningful way.
- Include CV/Resume and desired salary range.
- Provide three professional references and three personal references.
- Submit all materials via email to Eric Girdler, Chief Operations Officer, at email@example.com.