Boldly Grown Farm is a family-owned, certified organic mixed vegetable farm in the beautiful Skagit Valley of Washington State. Our primary focus is on wholesale production of fall and winter crops for sale between September and March. We utilize scale-appropriate machinery to save time, reduce wear and tear on our bodies and increase efficiency and productivity. We sell to numerous retailers and wholesalers in Washington and Oregon and also offer a ~200-member winter CSA program that is distributed in Seattle, Skagit Valley, and Bellingham. We take pride in our high-quality products, and we love growing a lot of food and feeding a lot of people! Now entering our 7th growing season, we are expanding to 25 acres of vegetable production in 2021, including increased production of spring and summer crops. Our crew is 5-9 people depending on the time of year. We strive to foster a positive, collaborative team environment.
About the Job
We are seeking a highly organized, detail-oriented individual with a positive attitude and excellent communication skills to join us in the role of CSA & Administrative Coordinator. This position is the cornerstone of our CSA program, overseeing both program logistics as well as customer service. This individual also provides administrative support. The balance of work will shift between CSA/admin components depending on the time of year. The position is part-time (~24 hours/week) year-round, with the potential for full-time employment in future seasons. Reports to Amy Frye (owner). A two-season commitment is preferred.
- Manage CSA software, including season set-up, online registration, and payment, member account assistance, payment reminders, etc.
- Provide excellent member customer service: Positively and promptly answer questions and help members troubleshoot during all stages of their CSA experience, from inquiries to registration to box fulfillment; be on-call during CSA pick-up times for member questions
- Implement CSA program marketing & engagement campaigns
- Maintain relationships and coordinate logistics with existing CSA drop sites; identify and establish new sites as needed
- Coordinate CSA delivery logistics with Puget Sound Food Hub Co-op
- Prepare CSA paperwork, including CSA box labels, distribution summaries, box packing lists, add-ons/substitutions, drop site checklists, and driver paperwork
- Communicate member feedback/quality issues to the Farm Manager
- Plan and execute annual farm-visit day (virtual or in-person depending on circumstances) and assist with developing other member engagement/retention strategies
- Assist with CSA box packing
- Assist with CSA newsletter preparation
- Depending on the candidate’s skills, interests and capacity, work may involve other aspects of marketing/sales
- Assist with the food safety program, including food safety certification, monitoring logs, etc.
- Assist with the farm safety program, including first aid kit maintenance, first aid training scheduling, and safety meeting topics & logs
- Assist with HR duties, including posting job descriptions and processing employee paperwork
- Basic bookkeeping duties, SOP development, errands, and other miscellaneous tasks
- Employees are expected to follow all health department and BGF COVID-19 guidelines/protocols
- Positive attitude and impeccable customer service skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Highly organized and detail-oriented
- Ability to manage time efficiently, juggle multiple priorities and problem solve independently
- Able to keep up efficiency and motivation while working independently
- Quick learner; willing to ask for help/clarity as needed and be open to feedback
- Passionate about local farms, food, and sustainable/organic agriculture
- Proficient with Microsoft and Google programs and generally adept with computers; experience with QuickBooks Online and Farmigo a plus
- Start-date flexible; late-March to mid-April 2021 desired
- Part-time hourly; ~24 hours/week over 3-4 days; year-round/ongoing position
- Exact work schedule to be determined in consultation with the candidate; during CSA program delivery period (Nov-Mar), workdays will include some hours on Mon-Thurs
- Work is to take place at the Boldly Grown Farm office in Mount Vernon at one of our farm sites; some remote work is possible
- $15.00-16.00/hour DOE
- Overtime pay: Time and a half above 40 hours/week
- 24 hours paid vacation
- Paid Sick Leave (1 hour accrued per 40 hours worked)
- Paid Family Medical Leave (WA state program)
- Workers’ compensation insurance via L&I
- Free/discounted farm produce
- Please note we are not able to offer on-farm housing, though we’ll do our best to help you find housing nearby if needed.
Apply via Regen Farming News →
Phone: (206) 795-5715