Design Associate and Retail Clerk
at Ferndale Market
At Ferndale Market, we proudly raise our turkeys in much the same way that our family has for over 80 years, since our founders – Fern and Dale Peterson – settled on our farm in Cannon Falls, MN. Our birds are free-range, raised without antibiotics, and naturally processed. We offer a full line of turkey products – from whole birds to burgers and sausages – which can be found at natural grocers throughout the Upper Midwest. In 2008, we opened an on-farm grocery store to offer customers a direct connection to local foods. We partner with over 100 independent farmers and food producers that share our vision of distinct, delicious flavors.
About the Role:
The ideal candidate will have basic design experience with the skills to execute a variety of projects, from creating in-store signage to updating brand marketing materials. Must be a problem solver and have the ability to follow our design guidelines, while adding own creativity.
The role will also include some hours in our on-farm market, providing excellent customer service and knowledge about our products. Being friendly, proactive, and entrepreneurial is key.
- Team player who shares our passion for sustainable food and farming.
- Talent for creative direction and concept creation/execution.
- Proficient in Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator, plus ideally experienced in Adobe InDesign, Mailchimp, WordPress, and other applications.
- A positive attitude and desire to provide excellent customer service.
- Flexibility in scheduling, including occasional weekends.