The Maine Organic Farmers and Gardeners Association (MOFGA), formed in 1971, is the oldest and largest state organic organization in the country. MOFGA is a broad-based community that educates about and advocates for organic agriculture, illuminating its interdependence with a healthy environment, local food production, and thriving communities. We are committed to creating an inclusive and sustainable workplace that reflects this mission. MOFGA is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, age, religion, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, political orientation, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
About the Job:
The Maine Organic Farmers and Gardeners Association is seeking a dynamic, energetic, and creative individual to serve as the Director of Development and Membership. In this role, you create and implement a fundraising plan to support MOFGA’s mission: advocating for and promoting organic agriculture in Maine.
The Director of Development and Membership also will serve as the Campaign Director for MOFGA’S comprehensive campaign and will be an ambassador for the Maine Organic Farmers and Gardeners Association across the community.
The Director of Development and Membership reports directly to the Executive Director and will work closely and collaboratively with Development staff, program staff, board members, and other external stakeholders.
Responsible for meeting MOFGA’s yearly fundraising goals, supervising all aspects of the membership and development department including implementation of fundraising activity, coordination of efforts with other key MOFGA departments, and staffing the Fundraising Committee. Responsible for guiding the successful completion of MOFGA’s three-year comprehensive campaign from 2021 – 2023.
Supervisor: Executive Director
Work Week: 40 hours — Monday through Friday, and additional evening and weekend hours as needed for events.
Position: Salaried. This position is considered Exempt under the Federal Fair Labor Standards Act. The employee is not eligible for overtime payment.
Location: Position can be based remotely anywhere in Maine, although regular travel to Unity, Portland, and other areas of the state, as well as some regional travel will be required.
Salary Range: The salary range for this position is $60,000-$70,000 annually, dependent upon experience. MOFGA has an excellent benefits package with paid medical, dental and vision insurance and paid parental leave. Employees receive a generous time-off package including paid vacation and sick time, three personal days, and 14 paid holidays annually. MOFGA offers flexible work arrangements and telecommuting opportunities based on the nature and requirements of the role.
Required Abilities and Knowledge:
- Proven experience in all aspects of fundraising: grant writing, donor cultivation and solicitation, major donor management, general funding appeals, membership recruitment and retention, online fundraising, planned giving and donor events
- Five or more years experience in fundraising for nonprofit organizations
- Experience supervising staff
- Experience organizing complex, fast moving projects and events, and ability to manage concurrent projects
- Proven experience in conducting online research, tracking data and writing fundraising reports
- Strong interpersonal communication and excellent writing, proofreading, and communications skills
- Impeccable attention to detail
- Ability to use word processing, databases, spreadsheets and online fundraising database systems
- Experience with web-based communications in a development context including website, social media, email and other electronic communication channels
- Create and implement the organizational fundraising plan to achieve sustainability for the long term.
- Direct the plan for the Comprehensive Campaign.
- Supervise Development staff to meet fundraising and membership goals.
- Develop and maintain ongoing relationships with key donors.
- Supervise the annual fund program and other giving opportunities for members and donors.
- Supervise the development of membership recruitment, communications, and renewals to grow MOFGA’s membership.
- Supervise and participate with key staff and Fundraising Committee members in major gifts moves management.
- Oversee grant seeking including research, proposal writing, and reporting requirements.
- Coordinate and support activities of Board-appointed Fundraising Committee.
- Report on fundraising activities and progress to senior staff members and the Board.
- Oversee planning and implementation of fundraising events.
- Direct production of annual report and other fundraising materials.
- Oversee the use of the fundraising database and tracking systems.
- Manage fundraising and membership activities associated with MOFGA’s Common Ground Country Fair.
- Other duties as assigned
- Carry out all of the responsibilities listed above in accordance with the mission statement, goals, and philosophy of the Maine Organic Farmers and Gardeners Association.
The Maine Organic Farmers and Gardeners Association is a broad-based community that educates about and advocates for organic agriculture, illuminating its interdependence with a healthy environment, local food production, and thriving communities. MOFGA is committed to creating an inclusive and sustainable workplace that reflects this mission. MOFGA is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, age, religion, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, political orientation, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.Apply via Regen Farming News →