Director of Restoration
at Greening Australia
Closing date: 2020-09-18
Greening Australia is a national, action orientated, environmental enterprise. Our mission is to restore landscapes at scale through collaborative, science-based and innovative programs. We collaborate with a broad range of stakeholders and communities, including some of world’s largest corporations to plan, develop and deliver scalable solutions for the biggest environmental challenges facing Australia.
Examples of our current projects include:
- improving farm productivity using proven regenerative agriculture methods;
- storing CO2 emissions through accredited biodiverse carbon offsetting;
- conserving Australian landscapes through innovative and large-scale approaches to biodiverse restoration; and
- supporting Traditional Owners and Indigenous organisations to heal, restore and manage land, including delivery of conservation and land management training.
As climate change, water scarcity, and environmental degradation become more apparent, the financial implications of these issues are receiving increasing attention.
Organisations are moving beyond purely focusing on maximising shareholder value, to increase focus on making a positive contribution to a resilient society by investing in nature. Greening Australia works to catalyse this change and expand the impact of these contributions. In one year with us, you will make more of an impact on the planet than many will do in a lifetime, this role is responsible for Australia’s largest landscape restoration program.
Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer this is an exciting opportunity for an experienced business executive to lead a significant portion of Greening Australia’s national portfolio including The Great Southern Landscapes Program.
With a background in environmental services, business management, agricultural or natural resources you will work with our national team to manage and expand our growing business.
Your key focus will be to instill leadership, accountability and action with your team to deliver Greening Australia’s 2030 targets.
Key requirements to be successful in the role include:
- You have minimum 10 years of professional experience
- Demonstrated safety leadership
- Demonstrated experience in winning and delivering contractual obligations for some of Australia’s top ASX listed companies
- Proven track record of achieving growth targets and financial results in highly competitive markets
- Business re-engineering in light of changing market requirements
- Experience in land centric delivery models and streamlining integrated supply chains
- Knowledge of environmental markets (carbon, biodiversity and water)
- Experience in building collaborative and success focused high performance teams
- Driving sustained change and strategy across a national dispersed footprint
- You are honest, an excellent communicator, accountable and display a high degree of emotional intelligence
We are looking for someone who has a deep understanding and passion for sustainability and understands the Australian landscape. You will lead a high performing and technical team and enjoy continued growth and learning. You are driven by action and solving complex environmental challenges and you excel at the intersection between environmental and financial outcomes.