at Midwest Organic & Sustainable Education Service (MOSES)
Closing date: 2020-08-14
The Midwest Organic and Sustainable Education Service (MOSES) is a nonprofit that provides education, resources, and expertise to help farmers grow using sustainable, organic practices. We offer a variety of programs and services to support farmers, including hosting the largest organic farming conference in the country each year. Our office is located in Spring Valley, Wis., one hour east of Minneapolis/St. Paul, Minn. Learn more at mosesorganic.org.
About the Role:
The Executive Director(ED) is responsible for the advancement of the organization’s strategic plan, mission, management, and oversight. The ED builds visibility and relationships with individuals, organizations, and agencies around the organization’s mission and strategic goals. The ED balances the internal management of the staff, consultants, and resources with achieving external impact and visibility. The ED works in partnership with the MOSES Board of Directors to define the mission, clarify values and vision, and shape strategic goals and plans.
About COVID-19 Impacts:
The pandemic has forced challenges and created opportunities, which include significant changes in methods of program delivery; interest in collaboration with like organizations; questions around organization structure; and new considerations with finance planning. The ED will need to relish these challenges and be willing to adapt.
- Financial management of the organization
- Operation management (including, but not limited to, budgeting, work plans, staff management, high-level administrative duties)
- Strategic decision-making in pursuit of organizational goals
- Liaison between staff and board
- Experience with financial management of an organization (preferably in the nonprofit sector)
- Good communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Experience with or demonstrated commitment to organic and sustainable farming systems and communities
- Comfort with technology
- Development and implementation of strategic vision
- Program development
- Development experience