at Pinewood Springs Farm
Pinewood Springs Farm is a 43 acre, Certified Naturally Grown agricultural property, located in Rockdale County, GA. For anyone unfamiliar with CNG, it is a farmer-to-farmer, peer-reviewed certification program for produce, livestock, and apiaries based upon the USDA National Organic Program standard.
About the Role:
This is a part-time, seasonal role. Prior to applying, you must live in the metro Atlanta area, ideally near the farm located in Rockdale County, GA. Although previous farm experience is not a requirement, you should work in a timely manner, accept direction well, work cooperatively with others, be accountable and dependable. Those with minimum of one year experience on a farm will be considered first.
Duties will include (but not limited to the following): cleaning, loading, bagging and storing produce. Also, expect to assist with harvesting, weeding, seeding, planting, and common farm chores. We will fully train all employees and ensure that they are comfortable with their responsibilities. Pay will be based on experience.
- A passion for organic farming
- Strong work ethic
- Be a critical thinker
- Ability to take direction and work with a team
- Tractor/Implement experience or willing to learn
- Ability to handle the many physical challenges such as summer heat in GA, lifting heavy weight regularly, standing for long periods of time, bending at the knees and back, etc.
- Valid Drivers License
- Help with planting, harvesting, weeding and cultivating crops
- Help with washing, sorting, weighing, and packing produce
- Other farm jobs