at Green Bow Farm
Closing date: 2020-04-20
Green Bow Farm is a regenerative, pasture based farm producing grass fed/finished beef & lamb as well as pasture raised pork, chicken and eggs free of corn, soy and GMOs. Green Bow is located in the middle of the beautiful Kittitas Valley where we sell direct to our customers through our farm store, farmers markets in Seattle and Eastern Washington and a CSA.
About the Role
Like to work outdoors in a great environment with great people? Green Bow Farm, a sustainable, pasture based livestock farm, seeks a ½ – ¾ time farm employee for the 2020 season and beyond. Applicants must be dependable and have livestock experience as well as at least two years farming experience on a diversified livestock farm.
This position requires responsibility, attention to detail, reasonably flexible working hours with a 20+ hour work week April through October. Applicants must be in good physical health, able to lift 80+ pounds and perform across a wide variety of tasks and responsibilities.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Managing and working with cattle, sheep, swine and chickens
- Monitor animal health and be familiar with signs of trouble
- Processing chickens
- Food handling experience
- Customer Service
- Ability to keep and manage schedules and calendars
- Maintenance and repair of equipment, fences, etc.
- Knowledgeable with electric fencing
- Operate farm equipment such as tractors and ATVs
- Take pride in workmanship