Durham Farms provides premium organic food to the New Zealand market. We believe for a healthy, thriving business to exist, requires a healthy, thriving, natural environment.
We have developed a regenerative farming approach that aims to create higher profitability from a smaller agricultural footprint. This allows 25% of the farmland to be set aside to re-wilding for native flora and fauna. Our agricultures include dairy, beef, chicken, eggs, horticulture and honey, with planned expansion into natural healthcare and renewable energy. We also have a small, but growing interest in on farm luxury stays. We launched our retail brand Durham Farms in 2018, providing premium, organic produce to Northland and Auckland outlets.
About the Role:
We are seeking a good reliable all-rounder for a full-time farm hand position to join our growing team on our organic farm. Duties may include (but not limited to):
- Feeding chickens / collecting eggs / cleaning chicken coops
- Planting / harvesting / packing salads and other crops
- Deliveries as far as Auckland (full drivers licence required)
- Dairy / beef herd work
- Working in our milk pasteuriser
- General farm duties
The ideal applicant will have the following skills. However, if you have a real willingness to learn, we would still like to hear from you:
- proven self-starter;
- on farm experience – this can include growing up on a farm;
- a can do attitude;
- a passion for ethical food production;
- a good communicator, listener and a willingness to learn – all with a smile on your face;
- presentable, customer facing skills;
- a team player;
- getting your hands dirty and working in all weathers;
- flexible and motivational attitude to work to get the job done;
- a full driving licence – ideally manual transmission.
This is not a 9 to 5 position and the successful candidate will need to be flexible with the hours of work including early mornings and weekend work on a regular basis. As well as a good salary, we provide a staff discount on all our products.
Located in the Brynderwyn Hills, the farm is 10 minutes away from Waipu, our local thriving village with a primary school and has easy access to the beautiful sandy beaches at Waipu Cove and beyond. The small, but bustling city of Whangarei is a 40 minute drive and Auckland is 1 1/2 hours away.
To apply, please email email@example.com providing an up-to-date CV and a short paragraph explaining why you are the right person to work with us.Apply via Regen Farming News →
Phone: +64 274 169 365