at Belltown Farms
About Belltown Farms
Belltown Farms owns and operates large scale farms in the US, transitioning land to USDA certified organic, and operating them in line with regenerative principles.
Belltown believes that regenerative farming provides an opportunity to produce healthy food, while having a positive impact on soil health, biodiversity, carbon emissions and local communities, as well as delivering compelling financial returns for investors.
In 2019, Belltown raised a $100 million investment fund to acquire 10,000 – 15,000 acres of farmland by 2021, spread among 5-8 farms in the Midwest and other parts of the US. The wider Belltown group has successfully raised and invested ca. US$500m into sustainable infrastructure in the US and UK since 2013.
About the Decatur, Michigan Farm
Belltown Farms operates 2,200 acres in Southeast Michigan where it plans to grow organic corn, organic soybeans, and organic wheat using regenerative practices. The first organic crop will be in 2021. Belltown will grow this operation to 3,000 – 4,000 acres over the next few years.
Who We’re Looking For:
Belltown Farms is looking for a self-motivated and proactive farm manager for its 2,200 acre organic farm located in Southwest Michigan.
As farm manager, you will be responsible for:
- Farming Operations: Coordinating and developing farm employees; managing spreading, tillage, planting, cultivating, and harvest operations; balancing production with regenerative ag practices; conditioning and drying of grain; adoption of farm software’s and farm technologies
- Farm Business Management: Budget creation and procurement of supplies and materials; excellent record keeping; inventory management and logistics; preparing reports on operational and financial performance of the farm; maintaining positive business relationships
As the ideal candidate for this position, you will have the following experience and skills:
- Required: Leadership and mentoring of farming team
- Excellent communication skills, with farm employees as well as investors
- Hands on management of large scale farming operations, ideally organic
- Development and management of crop plan
- Budgeting, P&L management
- Material procurement
- Irrigation management
- Achieving and maintaining organic certification
- Understanding of Regenerative Practices
- Excitement to learn and willingness to experiment with new practices and technologies
- Ability to make decisions in complex environments