We grow an incredible diversity of certified organic vegetables, fruits, and cut flowers year-round, on over 70 acres in Pescadero and San Gregorio, California. Now in our sixteenth year, we proudly supply our farmers’ markets, Farmstand, U-pick, and wholesale accounts with some of the highest-quality produce available.
We are seeking a motivated individual to fill our Farm Manager position. This person oversees the overall operation of the farm, responsibilities ranging from tractor work to personnel management. This individual works closely with and is supervised by the farm owner.
- Have a broad awareness of daily farm activities.
- Facilitate an efficient production of crops from field preparation to planting to harvest to delivery.
- Contribute to tractor work, including maintenance and light repairs of tractors and equipment.
- Work with staff, crew leaders, and field crew to create a productive and professional team environment.
- Manage 20-25 Spanish-speaking employees, including the hiring and training of new hires and HR issues.
- Facilitate monthly crew meetings.
- Manage on-site employee housing, including regular house inspections, dealing with renter-related issues, and repairs/maintenance.
- Irrigation system maintenance, set-up, and repairs.
- Supervise projects as needed.
- Maintain cleanliness of interior and exterior of infrastructure and fields.
- Monitor quality of product and proper packaging and labeling.
- Oversee that food safety procedures are being practiced.
- Assist as needed in sales to retailers, wholesale, and restaurants.
- Attends weekly staff meetings and participates in both big picture strategizing and daily operational decisions.
- Make deliveries as needed.
- Help with truck packing and moving product and equipment between ranches.
The work requires the physical and mental capacity to contribute daily to an often rigorous, fast-paced, and deeply rewarding agricultural practice. The individual is expected to work 35-40 hours/week from December through March and 45-50+ hours/week from April through November.
- Applicant needs to have a minimum of 5 years experience on a production farm.
- The ability to speak conversational Spanish is required.
- Ability to manage a diverse group of people.
- Strong mechanical aptitude and experience with general construction and plumbing.
- Great attention to detail, ability to multi-task, and familiarity with a broad spectrum of crops
- Willing to make a two-year minimum commitment, with an interest in it becoming more long-term.
Applicant should be self-motivated, hardworking, eager to learn, have excellent people skills, great multi-tasker, and be in good physical condition. Ability to perform certain tasks such as heavy lifting (over 50#), repetitive grasping, standing, bending, and walking (No applicant will be rejected because of a condition or impairment that, with reasonable accommodation, does not prevent the performance of work.)
Compensation and Housing
This is a year-round salaried position. 45-65K/ year (depending on experience.) Salary includes health insurance, food from the farm, a continuing education allowance, and one month of paid vacation. Housing may be available.
It is a high priority of the farm to provide a quality experience to those working here. An ideal applicant is interested in participating in many aspects of a small-scale, diversified farming operation.Apply via Regen Farming News →
Phone: +1 650-879-0704