In this role, you will play an integral part in the Soil Carbon Co.’s soil carbon analysis program. You will be working alongside the Soil Carbon Field and Technical Officer to collect and process soil cores and samples in a large-scale agricultural project. The Field and Technical Support Assistant will also help our agronomy team process collected samples at Soil Carbon Co.’s research facility in Orange NSW.
The Field and Technical Support Assistant will work for a 3-4 month period in line with the winter crop rotation, ensuring that the collection and analysis of samples are executed in a timely and efficient manner. When not carrying out field collection, the role involves support for the SCC agronomy team at the SCC research facilities in Orange NSW.
- Remote field soil sampling across various locations in Australia. This includes supporting the Soil Carbon Field and Technical Officer’s management of OHS and troubleshooting in the field
- Collection of soil carbon samples in accordance with carbon accounting, soil science, and R&D methodologies and protocols
- Maintenance of field and plant sampling equipment
- Support for SCC agronomy team through soil sample collection, and processing.
- Based in Orange, NSW, or local area
- Ability to operate a manual vehicle and comfort with towing and reversing trailers
- Ability to work under instruction in remote locations
- Willingness to travel to the field on day-trips, with some overnight stays when required
- Physically fit, production orientated work ethic
- Experience with agricultural environments, particularly with machinery and vehicles.
- Safety awareness and ability to carry out risk assessments
- Ability to troubleshoot and handle contingencies as they arise
Full-time temporary contract, with a minimum of 3 months work.Apply via Regen Farming News →