Fundraising, Communications, and Evaluation Coordinator
at Biodynamic Association
The BDA is a participatory, membership-based nonprofit organization that works to nurture the North American biodynamic movement as a diverse, collaborative, and thriving ecosystem. We aim to incubate strong leadership in the biodynamic community; grow the community of biodynamic farmers, ranchers, gardeners, and land stewards; communicate the powerful vision of biodynamics and the potential it holds for the Earth; and nurture the deep spiritual roots and insights of biodynamics. We have a strong commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion in our work and in the world we inhabit, which is outlined in our Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion statement, and we expect all team members to participate in enacting this commitment.
The BDA strives to embody biodynamic principles in how we operate as an organization, and we have an agile, living approach to organizing our work. Drawing inspiration from Reinventing Organizations, Holacracy, and other evolutionary organizational models, our organization is structured into self managing circles made up of a number of roles focused on different areas of work that support the organization’s mission and theory of change. Most people on the BDA staff fill multiple roles, and the structure of circles and roles evolves to meet the changing needs and opportunities that the BDA encounters and the developing interests and capacities of staff.
Our Core Beliefs outline more about how the BDA works in the world, as well as how we work as an organization.
About the Position
We are seeking someone with a passion for fundraising, communications, and evaluation to join our geographically-distributed staff team in a full-time position, initially filling the following roles:
- Grassroots Fundraising Steward: Engage and grow a broad base of supporters at all levels of financial means in donating to make the BDA’s work possible.
- Donor Communications Coordinator: BDA donors feel connected to our work and understand the impact of their giving
- Evaluation Artisan: The BDA receives constructive and actionable feedback on its programs and operations and evolves to better meet the needs of its stakeholders
To fill the roles that we currently have open, we are seeking candidates with specific skills, experience, and enthusiasm relevant to the following:
- Designing and implementing successful grassroots fundraising projects, including online and direct-mail campaigns as well as in-person fundraising events
- Proactive donor-centered communication and relationship building, including identifying and reaching out to new potential donors
- Writing, editing, and designing communications targeted to specific audiences (experience with with InDesign or other design software and online WYSIWYG or HTML editors preferred)
- Maintaining detailed and accurate records of all donor interactions and generating reports through contact database and/or Constituent Relationship Management tools (ideally CiviCRM)
- Setting and measuring meaningful and useful metrics for a variety of programs and analysing and reporting on results
Candidates who are a good fit for these roles and the BDA will additionally demonstrate:
- Enthusiasm for biodynamic and regenerative agriculture, and openness to discussing and exploring the spiritual dimensions of biodynamics
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills
- Fluency in English, with at least conversational proficiency in Spanish preferred
- Good time management and capacity to prioritize competing tasks
- A high degree of organization and attention to detail
- Tech savvy; proficiency with MS Office suite, Google suite, and internet research; and interest in learning and applying new technologies
- Ability to proactively communicate and ask questions
- Willingness to give, receive, and act on honest feedback
- Warmth, kindness, and a sense of humor and fun
It is also essential that you are inspired by and drawn to our organizational mission, and have the capacity and enthusiasm to function well within our organizational structure, which offers a great deal of flexibility and freedom while requiring a high level of motivation, communication, transparency, and accountability.