Garden Field Manager
at The Restaurant at Meadowood
The Restaurant at Meadowood is a modern American restaurant meant to speak to and positively impact the Napa Valley community while delivering a singular dining experience for every guest. What excites us most is the concept of curation: the forging of relationships with artisans, growers, foragers and other members of this dynamic community. We hope that their stories can meld with ours; that we can be caretakers of this collective vision – sharing it with our guests in a manner at once personal and celebratory.
About the Role:
The Restaurant’s Culinary Garden grows unique, seasonally appropriate crops using organic and sustainable techniques on 5 acres. Emphasis is placed on experimentation with new crops and varieties, new growing and cultivation methods, and the utilization of all edible portions of the plant and the plant’s life-cycle. Working closely with a group of extremely talented and creative culinary minds we create crop plans that allow us to grow intensively and produce a wide range of crops throughout the year.
We strive to provide a high volume and range of products that include microgreens, field crops, cut and edible flowers, in addition to more experimental and smaller-scale products. The close relationship between the garden and the kitchen is what sets our operation apart from other farms. Culinary creativity drives and informs our operation and creativity in the garden in turn drives the food that makes its way to the guests.
We are seeking a self-driven and passionate individual to take on the role of Field Manager. This individual will lead and supervise a small crew in the completion of all the daily tasks necessary for the proper functioning of the farm.
- Lead field crew in execution and completion of all garden tasks including harvest, planting, weeding, bed preparation, and general maintenance
- Become familiar with all field work protocols and standards, and ensure that all field work is performed to these standards
- Monitor and report on conditions of crops, equipment, and overall appearance of garden
- Have a minimum of two years of farming, gardening, or related agricultural experience
- Have a valid driver’s license and a clean driving record
- Have excellent attention to detail and an ability to take direction
- Have excellent leadership and communication skills
- Have the ability to perform physically demanding tasks in all weather conditions