at Boldly Grown Farm
Closing date: 2020-07-27
Boldly Grown Farm is a family-owned, certified organic mixed vegetable farm in Skagit Valley, WA. Our primary focus is on fall and winter vegetables for wholesale markets. We also run a winter CSA program. We’re a production farm with a strong focus on efficiency. We utilize scale appropriate machinery to save time, reduce wear and tear on our bodies, and increase productivity. Our crew is 4-6 people depending on the season. We’re hiring two full-time, seasonal Harvest Crew members for the 2020-2021 fall/winter season. These individuals report to the Farm Manager.
- Harvesting produce efficiently, safely and consistently
- Post-harvest handling: washing and packing produce for wholesale and CSA
- Perform other duties as needed (e.g. field clean-up, etc.)
- Time will be split between the field and the pack shed; involves long hours of repetitive work spent standing, bending, squatting, and kneeling in cold/wet/snowy conditions
- Prior farming experience preferred but not required
- Strong work ethic and positive attitude
- Excellent attention to detail and good judgement regarding product quality control and food safety while operating in a fast-paced environment
- Able to take direction, learn quickly, ask for help/clarity as needed, and accept and act on constructive feedback
- Good time management skills; able to shift focus quickly based on changing priorities
- Physically fit; able to work long hours in any weather and lift 50+ lbs repeatedly
- Cell phone and reliable transportation to farm
- Mechanical skills/aptitude a plus
Please fill out the application form and e-mail along with your resume and information for three professional/ employment references to Madeline McGonagle, Farm Manager, at email@example.com with the subject line Harvest Crew application. Applications received by July 27 will receive first consideration.