About Capital for Climate:
A climate investment intelligence platform that enables large-scale investors to quickly allocate capital to the most impactful climate solutions on path to net zero and 1.5C while meeting return objectives. For more information, please visit: https://capitalforclimate.com/
Achieving a 1.5℃ outcome depends on providing the means to exponentially increase the speed of investment in the highest leverage climate solutions. With $50 trillion of private capital currently engaged on climate, there’s no shortage of capital. What capital lacks is an accurate compass and guide to the most important investments. C4C’s open architecture platform will provide financial institutions and public sector investors the landscape, navigational guide and real time intelligence required to confidently deploy capital to scientifically validated, impactful, and immediately investable climate solutions. This work spans energy systems, industrial processes and materials, transportation, agriculture, forests/forestry, natural capital/biodiversity, the built environment/cities and CO2/GHG capture and conversion to value. Our goal is to be an accelerant to climate solution investment in service of reducing emissions 50% by 2030.
About the Job:
We are seeking an experienced systems thinker who likes wicked problems to take on the critical role of Head of Research Integration. A core task will be to knit together a composite climate leverage roadmap integrating the data, outputs and recommendations from leading research efforts including for example ClimateWorks, MissionPossible, Drawdown, Exponential Roadmap, and specialist roadmaps (e.g. energy storage, DAC, and soil carbon). In addition, the research group will be responsible for integrating existing data and- in the few cases where data is lacking – primary research, on investment activity across the climate solution landscape. This leader will be responsible for building and leading our knowledge integration team, will report to the founding team and become a member of the senior leadership team.
The ideal candidate will have:
- 10+ years experience with research integration, research management, and research synthesis at a national research lab, research institution, think tank or comparable research organization in the finance industry
- A proven track record of successfully leading and developing a team of researchers or analysts that includes extensive cross-institution collaboration
- Immense curiosity with a passion for complex knowledge and ‘wicked’ problems
- A Master’s or PhD in the sciences and/or an advanced degree in research/knowledge management, sustainability, or environmental science
- Technical experience with research design, methods and tools, including data science, management, quantitative and qualitative research, and the application of machine learning and AI to different types of research problems
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, as well as very strong execution skills
- Outstanding analytical capabilities
- Nice to have: experience working in a high-growth, start-up environment
What you’ll be doing:
In this position, you will be responsible for the knowledge and research management for the C4C intelligence platform. Leadership responsibilities:
- Integrate climate solution pathway research into a complete landscape that also maps to capital flows and gaps at the solution level
- Supervise team taking in analysis and data sets directly from other decarbonization pathways research efforts around the world, in order to build a comprehensive map of the highest leverage solutions along each of the sectoral decarbonization pathways. Integrate distributed research outputs into an actionable whole that investors and policy makers worldwide can rely on to guide and target capital to opportunity to accelerate the transition to net zero
- Oversee primary research to track capital flow at the solution level to discover which solutions are well supplied with capital and where capital gaps exist that can either be filled by private, blended, or public capital.
- Address other research specifications in the intelligence platform’s current design, and contribute to its evolution over time.
In achieving these objectives the research leader will need to:
- Assume overall responsibility for the delivery, quality and fidelity of C4C’s research
- Lead and grow an intellectually diverse team of research analysts over time
- Motivate the team to deliver and continually improve the organization’s overall research activities and the quality of outputs for an elite investor and policy audience.
- Build and maintain strong relationships and alliances with the leading organizations around the world focused on decarbonization sectors/solutions and levers, spanning entities like MissionPossible/WEF, The Grantham Institute, ClimateWorks, RMI, IEA, Drawdown and specialists like Air Miners, Battery Brunch, Carbon180.
- Work with these organizations so that they are pushing data to C4C, whether via APIs or manually, so that the information is as timely and up-to-date as possible.
- Work with C4C’s development team to develop a tagging taxonomy for its machine-learning enabled feed, targeted to individual subscribers based on their needs.
- Partner with our development and data team to integrate research into a digital framework and platform that is easily comprehensible and decision-useful for investors
- Extract, compile, synthesize and make comparable, business-relevant impact and climate knowledge from think tanks, research centers, consultants, and financial institutions
- Ensure that the research has processes in place to stay up to speed on the most relevant climate, sustainability, and impact research across nine verticals
- Develop and implement a vision for the future of C4C’s research program, innovating around new research products and client engagement solutions
- Collaboratively develop information products that can be monetized and become part of the IP of the intelligence platform.
To Apply: Please send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com with cc to firstname.lastname@example.org
Due to volume of applications, only those candidates considered for an interview will be contacted. C4C is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.Apply via Regen Farming News →