Mt Alma Organics is a 430 hectare farm located in the Burdekin region of North Queensland which is situated approximately 100km from Townsville and 30km from Ayr.
Mt Alma Organics is seeking an experienced, self-motivated, organised person who is physically fit with a strong work ethic to be a hands-on crop manager. The successful applicant will be involved in the day to day running of horticultural crop operations, as well as having a focus on task management and delegation, liaising with agronomists/suppliers and manage all aspects of field operations. Provide advice, direction and support to operations staff whilst working alongside key members of the harvesting team and packing shed team.
An excellent understanding of general horticultural operations including drip irrigation systems, land cultivation and machinery operation and equipment is required. You will have the ability to work with and communicate effectively to managers, external advisers and staff.
This is an autonomous role where the successful applicant will work predominantly unsupervised. Applicant must be able to work flexible hours including weekends, if required.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Operational knowledge of irrigation, fertigation, soil management and cultivation
- Understanding of horticulture and agronomy terminology, products and trends
- Experienced in operating farm machinery including but not limited to tractors, forklifts, cultivating equipment
- Flexible and adaptable to changing schedules and the needs of the market and environment
- A team player with good communication and leadership skills.
- Good computer skills and experience in using the Microsoft suite.
- Strong commitment to Workplace Health & Safety
- Understanding of Australian Certified Organics and/or HARPS and Freshcare standards would be highly advantageous.
- Willingness to constantly improve systems.
- Be physically fit, prepared to work outdoors and be willing to learn aspects of the position.
- Current manual driver’s license is required, forklift would be an advantage
Above award remuneration will be negotiated based on the successful applicant’s skills, experience and knowledge. A farm-based work ute will be supplied. This is a full-time permanent role.
Please send your detailed application letter and resume listing your relevant qualifications and experience including practical farming capabilities to email@example.com. Only people with experience and relevant skills apply.Apply via Regen Farming News →
Phone: 0409 894 008