About Soil Heroes
We are Soil Heroes, a fast-growing start-up with the mission to making nature everyone’s business. Soil Heroes is founded by a regenerative, large-scale farmer and entrepreneur with the mission to restore nature on a massive scale via farmers and their land. The Soil Heroes Fair chain model reintegrates nature within agricultural value chains, starting in Europe and eventually going global. We believe that farmers are uniquely positioned to restore nature, as they use ~50% of habitable land worldwide for the production of vital resources for our daily lives and businesses. Soil Heroes enables farmers and companies to unite in jointly restoring nature through regenerative agriculture.
The Soil Heroes Fairchain Model quantifies, monetizes, and communicates the environmental benefits generated by the transition to regenerative agriculture. We express the resulting soil improvement in scientifically verified carbon credits, biodiversity m2, and water savings. We enable companies to either offset their footprint in a meaningful way (by building a nature inclusive farming system) or reduce their footprint within their supply chain.
Our commercial team
We are an interdisciplinary, international team of sales and business developers. We have successfully onboarded our first group of farmers and companies, varying from innovative food scale-ups to B-corps to commodity traders. We are in full-speed validation, learning, and development mode. We are looking for a colleague to develop and secure sales and business deals with medium-to-large companies.
- Establish commercial partners for Soil Heroes (focus areas: UK, Benelux, eventually to South and Eastern-Europe)
- Acquisition and development of leads with medium-to-large commercial companies
- Drive the sales process from plan to close
- Inspire our clients to join our mission to make nature everyone’s business by scaling up regenerative agriculture
- Work together with our commercial team on co-creating a scale-up sales plan, provide input on product and process development and inspire our marketing and communication team
- Proven track record in international sales and business development (B2B)
- Minimum 7 years’ experience and an existing international network in commercial operations and sustainability teams (preferably in the agri-food, retail, and/or apparel sector)
- Proven ability to drive the sales process from plan to close
- Experienced in taking P&L responsibility
- Strong in customer-centric thinking
- Strong in process and project management
- Affinity with sustainability and regenerative agriculture
- Start-up mentality
- Fluent in English, additional languages (Spanish, French are an advantage)
- Join our international and interdisciplinary team (which includes farmers, business developers, marketers, entrepreneurs, and agronomists)
- Work at a mission-driven company
- A fast-growing, high energy and motivated team dedicated to making an impact
- Continual immersion and inspiration on regenerative agriculture
- Market aligned salary
- Preferably 40 hours a week, 32 hours also possible
- Start date: as soon as possible
To apply to this vacancy, please send your CV and motivation letter before 1st of April to Gina or contact her if you have any questions (firstname.lastname@example.org or +31 (0) 6 42 63 47 32).
We look forward to hearing from you!
Phone: +31 (0) 6 42 63 47 32)