Rombola Family Farms is seeking a passionate and driven Irrigation Manager to join our team in Mataranka in the Northern Territory. The Irrigation Manager is responsible for the day-to-day irrigating and fertigating of 800 hectares of Melon and Pumpkin crops. You will be responsible for the coordination of all irrigation infrastructure servicing, repairs and maintenance, and troubleshooting and coordinating all key maintenance aspects of the system.
This is an intensive horticulture enterprise, which requires a manager that is motivated, hands-on and able to work under pressure. This position will suit an individual with a mechanical aptitude and a flair for technology.
Key operational accountabilities include:
- Work with the grower/s to monitor plant growth, soil moisture, nutrition, and health.
- Utilise scientific methods to calculate crop water requirements. Taking advantage of soil moisture monitors, satellite imagery and hyperlocal weather forecasts.
- Schedule irrigation and fertigation to meet crop requirements and allow for other farm operations activities.
- Work closely with the production team, to ensure agreed production practices and systems are delivering the desired result.
- Troubleshooting irrigation issues and conduct maintenance and repairs.
- Undertake basic preventative and scheduled maintenance of the irrigation infrastructure, plant & equipment.
- Maintaining accurate irrigation and fertigation records in-line with company protocol.
- Maintain adherence to the safe and correct storage, handling, mixing and transportation of chemicals and fertilisers ensuring attention to correct dosages.
To be successful in the role you will possess the following:
- Experience in irrigation coordination and management horticultural enterprise. Experience with subsurface drip and deep well bore pumps would be an advantage.
- Excellent time management, work scheduling and planning skills.
- Ability to work as part of a team in a dynamic fast-paced business.
- Mechanical aptitude that highlights experience maintaining and repairing irrigation systems.
- Sound computer literacy skills and experience with irrigation control systems and a flair for technology that enabling us to achieve smart and sustainable farming practices.
- Flexibility in hours worked to achieve operational targets.
- A sense of urgency and a can-do attitude
- Sound working knowledge of WH&S requirements.
- A current driver’s licence.
In return we offer you
- An attractive remuneration package based upon relevant qualifications and experience.
- A passionate and energetic team culture.
- Become a part of a progressive, vibrant business.
Who we are?
Rombola Family Farms is a large scale, progressive, privately owned horticultural business based 20kms North of Griffith, NSW. The company operates a counter-seasonal operation at Mataranka in the Northern Territory enabling us to supply our melon and pumpkin customers year-round.Apply via Regen Farming News →
Phone: 0499 444 717