Land Program Manager
at NRM North
Closing date: 2020-10-02
NRM North is seeking a Program Manager to manage and provide leadership of NRM North’s Land Program, program staff and projects.
The Land Program aims to build the skills and capacity of the region’s farmers to better manage soil health and promote the adoption of best management practices leading to greater resilience of the farming business, its people and resources.
The Land Program Manager will lead on both strategic and operational initiatives and projects in the agricultural and natural resource management areas.
The successful candidate will be a motivated, proactive and positive leader, and will have the following key skills and experience (for full list please go to NRM North website):
- Sound knowledge of, and demonstrated experience in applying the concepts, principles and procedures related to sustainable agricultural management and natural resource management, and an in-depth understanding of industry practices within the agricultural sector. Knowledge and experience in the Tasmanian agricultural sector are beneficial.
- Demonstrated ability to work at a strategic level to develop and contribute to innovative initiatives and planning, including identifying funding opportunities.
- Experience in delivering on-ground agricultural projects that demonstrate best practice land management practices, and a sound understanding and demonstrated application of monitoring and evaluation principles and practices.
- High level people and relationship management skills and the ability to lead, support and manage teams to deliver outcomes.
- Demonstrated experience in extension principles and practices and in successfully engaging with and providing capacity building activities for the agricultural and land management sectors.