Organic Edible Gardens LLC is a sustainable garden design, build and maintenance company servicing the Northern Virginia and DC Metro areas. We specialize in creating edible and ecologically-sustainable landscapes that support and regenerate local ecosystems while providing material and aesthetic benefits to people. Established in 2010, our design and installation is strongly rooted in Permaculture principles while our garden and lawn care is strictly organic.
About the job:
We are hiring a foreman to manage installation and maintenance of edible landscapes, native pollinator gardens, rainwater collection systems, organic lawns, vegetable gardens etc. We are seeking a passionate gardener who enjoys working with plants. Candidates must have a driver’s license and clean driving record (required for driving company owned vehicles on the job). Two years of experience in the landscape industry is required. Strong plant identification skills and Spanish proficiency are highly sought after.
- $ 20- $ 25 an hour based on experience
- Year Round Work
- Health insurance
- Paid Educational Opportunities
- Vacation days
The duties of the position include:
- Tend to clients’ properties according to distinct service agreements.
- Drive to various properties with either single axle dump truck (Isuzu) or pickup (manual transmission) and trailer full of materials and / or tools using GPS.
- Keep a log of time spent and services performed at each property.
- Perform various gardening tasks like planting, pruning, weeding, mulching, organic fertilization, organic weed control, lawn mowing etc. with the help of one or two people
- Operate a commercial lawn mower, string trimmer, flame weeder and other gardening tools in a safe manner.
- Communicate any doubts or problems with management using photos and video.
- Purchase materials as indicated by management
- Troubleshoot and assist in equipment repairs
- Keep truck, yard and garage clean