Turnrow Appalachian Farm Collective was founded in 2018, by Sprouting Farms Corp, Refresh Appalachia, and a series of other partner local food and farming organizations across the state. Turnrow coordinates production planning, post-harvest handling, food safety, marketing, sales, and delivery for enterprises throughout West Virginia.
Turnrow’s purpose is to strengthen local food economies by providing producers access to more markets across the state and region. Central Appalachia is socioeconomically isolated and lacks a major population base. For local communities, growing the local food economy from a regional and collaborative perspective means stitching together communities and resources all along the value chain – farming supplies, cold storage, processing produce into consumer-ready products, vehicles for the delivery of products, a team to make all of those operations happen, and many more things along the way. Food hubs have emerged as critical players in building strong local and regional food systems. Turnrow offers a combination of services that help connect farmers with larger-volume wholesale markets, an online retail farmers’ market and with other collaborators operating food hubs and other logistical resources throughout the region.
About Sprouting Farms
Sprouting Farms is a 501c3 non-profit farm training center located in Summers County, WV. We believe that long-lasting impact is created by training new farms in quality and sustainable production techniques, and providing shared resources and educational opportunities to the whole farm community.
Overseeing and coordinating all warehouse operations and logistics at the Maxwelton location. Position may evolve into a salaried position with benefits within Sprouting Farms.
- Receive and manage products from producers (count products, assess quality, organize, obtain an invoice, etc.), Organize and manage product in cold storage and ensure first in/first out of product.
- Interact and engage with producers and customers as it relates to logistics and warehouse duties. Provide exceptional customer service at all times
- Utilize sales and logistics software to manage weekly operations and delivery
- Maintain all physical facilities, equipment, and on hand product integrity.
- Ensure customer orders are complete (product, quantity, packaging, and sales order) and assist in loading the product for delivery
- Stay in daily communication with logistical partners and Turnrow management team.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Has an interest in local food, farming, gardening, cooking etc..
- Can thrive in a work environment that is dynamic and changes often
- A self-starter who notices things and can build efficiencies around what needs to be done
- Is detail oriented and has an eye for the little things
- A team player and strong communicator someone who is interested in making an impact with us
- Must be able to lift at least 50 pounds
- Moderate to high digital literacy. Familiarity with Google Suite a plus.
- Availability for flexible work hours. Some early morning and evening work will be required.
- Reliable transportation.
- Valid driver’s license. CDL a plus.
Compensation and Benefits:
- $14-17 an hour depending on experience.
- Full-time hourly position, 40 hours a week. (26 pay periods per year).
- Access to Turnrow’s freshest, local food right at your fingertips :)
- Access to statewide and regional professional connections across Turnrow’s Network
Phone: +1 304-220-5015