GoFarm is hiring a Program Manager to manage all aspects of our Local Food Share (LFS) program. The program seeks to connect community members to local agriculture through a multi-farm CSA-type model, while supporting local farmers through an accessible, wholesale market opportunity.
The Local Food Share Program Manager will be responsible for managing the operations of GoFarm’s LFS program which currently has a 6-week spring season, 20-week summer season and a 6-week fall season. As a member of the GoFarm staff, the program manager will work collaboratively with the team towards creating a more equitable and sustainable food system and fulfilling the organizational mission.
This is a year-round, full-time, salaried/exempt position and reports to the Programs Director.
- Manage relationships with local farmers, including recruiting and onboarding new farmers
- Purchase and receive goods from various local producers for the LFS
- Coordinate distribution logistics for all LFS locations
- Ensure that all partnering farms adhere to GoFarm’s production, quality, and food safety standards
- Maintain food safety standards for LFS operations
- Train and manage program interns and volunteers
- Manage infrastructure (vehicles and GoFarm’s customized refrigerated shipping containers), and order/maintain appropriate inventory of distribution supplies
- Create a fun, welcoming environment for LFS customers and provide exceptional customer service
- Work with the Marketing Manager on regular shareholder communications
- Conduct detailed record keeping, invoicing and budget management
- Contribute to grant applications and grant reports as it relates to the LFS program
- Pilot new projects and explore additional revenue streams to ensure the long term viability of the program
- Assist with the evaluation of the LFS program on an annual basis, including reporting for the Board of Directors, partners, and program funders.
- Work with the whole GoFarm team to set organization-wide goals and vision, as well as to apply an equity lens to the ways that GoFarm strives to meet its mission
- Support GoFarm’s other programs and fundraising efforts where appropriate
- Participate in partner meetings, advocating for local farmers and local food systems
Skills and Qualifications of Ideal Candidates:
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field (note: 3-4 years of relevant experience may be substituted for education)
- 1-3 years experience with program management
- Knowledge of local food supply chain logistics and small-scale farming operations, and understanding of barriers faced by beginning farmers and especially BIPOC farmers
- Highly organized and proficient with Microsoft Office and Google Drive
- Customer service oriented
- An excellent problem-solver who can make quick decisions to accommodate last-minute changes and challenges
- Self-directed and able to take initiative
- Can work collaboratively in a team environment and comfortable working with diverse groups of stakeholders
- Able to manage multiple concurrent projects and prioritize appropriately
- Comfortable with ambiguity, flexible, willing to learn, and passionate about food equity and sustainable food systems
- Applicants will need their own reliable transportation, a clean driving record and a valid US Driver’s License.
This position will require a mix of office work (including options for work from home) and outdoor physical labor to operate the Local Food Share program. Hours will be variable, some evenings required, based on distribution schedules during the LFS seasons. Applicants must be able to lift 50 pounds, stand for long periods of time, and work outdoors in variable weather conditions.
The GoFarm staff shares office space and promotes a fun and collaborative team culture. Applicants should be self-motivated and able to work independently, but can expect significant support from the Programs Director and the rest of the GoFarm staff.Apply via Regen Farming News →