Our mission is to revolutionize the food industry and become Central Oregon’s leader in farm-direct food sales. We aim to create a local food distribution system for local farmers, home cooks, regional chefs, processors, and grocery store owners that is convenient and accessible.
We are a tiny and mighty Bend-based team who loves what we do and who is honored to contribute to the successful evolution of our regional food system. Our farmers are the heart and soul of our work as, without them, we essentially have no need to exist. We care about the nourishment of the land and the nourishment of every body. We foresee joyful communities that know their farmers by name and the seasonal veggies that come from their soil. Our craft is one of the connector; we build enduring relationships and local food is the thread we weave all the way from our farm partners to our amazing and supportive customers.
Agricultural Connections (AC) delivers farm-fresh food year-round. We sell LOCAL and REGIONAL food that bridges the gap between farmers and consumers. We strive to supply Central Oregon homes, companies, restaurants, and grocery stores with the freshest, most authentically local, organically grown and high quality products year-round.
About the Position
The Operations Manager is responsible for all aspects of operational success including service excellence, order processing, financial management, staffing, training, sanitation and safety. This position includes primary responsibility for our Commercial Wholesale program as well as supervisory role for retail and delivery staff.
The Operations Manager leads our small team in creating a positive and constructive work environment and prioritizes excellent relationships with our farmers, ranchers, and customers. The Operations Manager works in coordination with the owner to implement sales and marketing strategies. This is a full time salaried exempt position. This position has a variable schedule.
- Daily management of all staff
- Scheduling, route management
- Maintains compliance with applicable employment laws
Warehouse and Delivery Operations:
- Wholesale order processing and fulfillment
- Maintains compliance with all applicable sanitation, health, food safety and licensing laws
- Manages maintenance and repair of all vehicles and equipment
- Invoice management
- Sanitation and safety
- Operational efficiency
- Invoicing validation, accounting
- Database and website management
- Participates in developing an annual budget with Owner
- Responsible to P&L and ensures profitability through excellent operational and sales management
- Labor and cost of goods management
Sales, Supplier & Client Relations:
- Builds and maintains excellent relationships with all producers and clients
- Maintains accurate inventory and supply data
- Disburses bi-weekly Availability lists
- Performs producer site visits
- Regularly makes sales calls and visits
- Works with owner to identify and capitalize on new sales opportunities
- Works with owner to execute production analyses, crop planning, and crop coordination
This is a full time position. Time spent on various tasks may vary throughout the year. The position will require working early mornings, sometimes evenings, and must be flexible to help out the team with various operational tasks as the need arises. The flexibility is required of all team members so that there is resilience and support from within the whole team to keep the business running smoothly.
- Must have a passion for food systems and a desire to integrate with Central Oregon’s food system.
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills for being the direct point of contact for commercial clients and vendors.
- Must have exceptional communication and writing skills, experience with spreadsheets, and comfortability with cloud-based systems.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- 3+ years of food systems or related experience
- 2+ years of people management experience
- Knowledge and understanding of food safety & sanitation, production, equipment maintenance and warehousing
- Ability to work with people from all different backgrounds and experiences
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent computer skills, specifically spreadsheet skills
- Service oriented, ability to adopt a client-first mentality
- Ability to be flexible and accommodating while upholding food safety standards and operating procedures
- Creative problem solver and team player
- Food distribution experience recommended
- Ability to stay cool under pressure
- Ability to sit, stand, walk, and lift 50 lbs
Phone: (541) 903-2502