Mulgowie Farming Company is a large Australian owned and operated horticultural business, specialising in the growing, packing, marketing and distribution of fresh vegetables for domestic and export markets.
Over the past 75 years, Mulgowie Farming Company has grown far and wide, with vegetable farms across Queensland, New South Wales and Victoria. Mulgowie farmers are passionate about tending to Healthy Soil, growing Healthy Plants and consistently providing high quality, nutritious fresh vegetables for Healthy People.
Our Glen Innes region operations are fundamental to our objectives of providing quality, healthy, fresh produce to consumers. This region is a key link in our ability to provide consistent supply of green beans.
The Operations Manager will be critical to the success of the region, as it will oversee the growing of quality crops, supervising and developing a farm team, and overseeing an in-season packing facility. Residing in accommodation provided on site, the role will vary during the course of the year, and the change of seasons.
The summer season will be the prime focus, as this is when you will be supervising a team of people across the farm and pack house operations, working closely with our Sustainable Farming, Production and Quality teams to manage the crop through from ground prep & planting, to distribution of packaged fresh produce. You will be supported by a team of professionals in our support services and operations divisions, to bring our green beans to consumers.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Managing farm and packhouse workers during summer season
- Implement crop schedule on home farm, with keen focus on irrigation
- Oversight of contract grown crops within region
- Fostering an environment where safety, quality and continuous improvement are part of everyday activities
- Care-taking and maintenance of farm and facilities during out of season months
- Participate in cross functional post-season reviews and pre-season planning
- Manage operational budget, making decisions that consider the best use of resources and sustainability
To be successful in the position you will have:
- Strong experience in farming operations, ideally from irrigated horticulture or row cropping
- Pivot and Trickle irrigation experience would be highly regarded
- Experience leading and developing a team in line with business objectives
- Experience implementing and following crop schedules and logistics coordination
- Confident knowledge and experience managing soil and plant health towards quality yields
- All-round farm and facility maintenance experience
- Tertiary qualifications in Agriculture, Food Science, Rural Business Management, or similar, would be highly regarded.
Why Join Us?
At Mulgowie; we value the Consumer in all of our decision making; value the safety of our people and product; respect all people and are united through team spirit; and value clear communication whilst welcoming all ideas for improvement.
This is an exciting role for candidates who pride themselves on providing a high level of customer satisfaction and have the drive to continue professional growth to support and strengthen our high calibre operations.
The successful individual will receive a remuneration package that is commensurate with the responsibilities of the role and the expertise and experience they bring. On-site accommodation is provided. As an organisation with significantly sized farming operations along the east coast of Australia, there is opportunity for the successful individual to progress their career.
If you believe you possess the above criteria, please apply providing a cover letter and current resume outlining your skills and experience.Apply via Regen Farming News →
Phone: (07) 5465 9222