Adaptive Seeds is a certified organic, farm based seed company near Sweet Home, Oregon. We steward rare, diverse and resilient seed varieties for ecologically-minded farmers, gardeners and seed savers. Our seed is adapted to the Pacific Northwest and other short season northern climates. We sell only public domain, open pollinated (OP) seed, as well as diverse gene pool mixes. All of our seed is grown by us or a few regional friends who help with isolation needs. If we didn’t grow it, we say who did in the variety description. None of our seeds are proprietary hybrids (F1), patented, PVP, or genetically modified (GMO). All of our seed is grown without chemical fertilizers, herbicides or pesticides, and none of it is treated.
Our Seed Priorities:
- Rare and heritage varieties
- Oregon and Northwest-bred
- Public domain, modern varieties
- Diverse genepool mixes and landraces
- Open pollinated varieties for commercial growers
- Winter garden varieties
- Early maturing and northern adapted varieties
- Highly nutritious staple foods
Email resume, cover letter, and professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put job title in the subject line. No phone calls or in-person inquiries, please. Position is open until filled.
- Manage all aspects of order fulfillment – managing customer needs, order queue, product fulfillment, packaging, and shipping.
- Quickly pick, pack and ship orders with meticulous attention to detail.
- Identify seed packet inventory needs.
- Lead and manage packet filling team to meet inventory goals.
- Ensure smooth fulfillment of orders and customer satisfaction in a fast-paced environment.
- Maintain high levels of quality control.
- Respond to customer questions with informative, thoughtful, and helpful responses.
- Refine and establish operating procedures to improve efficiency to meet demand.
- Methodically fill seed packets manually with exceptional precision, care and efficiency.
- Provide other customer/office/sales support including but not limited to organizing and monitoring office supplies, data entry, filing, sorting, etc.
- Other duties as assigned to support production goals, which may include work outdoors.
- Prior experience in and knowledge of production, packing, and/or assembly.
- Accomplished in web based order fulfillment and USPS shipping.
- Adept with Mac and PC computer systems.
- Specific experience and understanding of the following software – Gmail, Google Drive, Dropbox, Microsoft Office, LibreOffice, WordPress, WooCommerce, PayPal, ShipStation.
- Proficient ability to learn and adapt to new programs and software quickly and masterfully.
- Proven leadership skills and initiative.
- Exceptionally high attention to detail while maintaining professional, efficient outcomes in a fast-paced, team oriented work environment.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Competent in performing basic mental math quickly and accurately (addition/subtraction in grams/ounces).
- Excellent customer service skills and experience.
- Effective written and oral communication skills.
- Communicates openly with, and accepts feedback from, team members to improve efficiency and achieve high levels of quality and accuracy.
- Have a valid Oregon driver’s license.
- Able to lift, carry, and maneuver up to 40lbs.
- Basic understanding and prior experience in farming and open-pollinated organic seed.
- Interest in and commitment to sustainable organic agriculture.
- Practiced in adapting and being flexible with a positive attitude in a challenging environment.
- Able to think creatively to meet evolving challenges of a high demand industry during this uncertain time of COVID-19 and the resulting fluid regulations and protocols.
- This is an administrative office position, not a farm/field work position.
- Flextime schedule available depending on seasonal workload.
- Job review at 3 months with potential for advancement.
- Position requires being on your feet and standing for long periods of time in our cool (55-60ºF) packing room.
- Work will be done in close proximity to other employees, with frequent background noise.
- Must be able to tolerate a cat-friendly environment.
- COVID-19 protocols are in place and include mandatory facial coverings/masks, physical distancing, and frequent sanitizing.
Phone: (541) 367-1105