Packing Shed Manager
at Arahura Farms
Arahura Farms is a leading National Producer based in North West Victoria who specialise in growing certified organic Carrots, Beetroot and lBrassica lines for major and independent supermarket chains, metropolitan markets Australia wide as well as export markets throughout Asia and the Middle East.
Packing Shed Team Mission Statement:
Timely and accurate packout of all produce whilst maintaining the highest quality and food safety standards
Packing Shed Manager Mission Statement:
Hands on management of the packing shed to ensure all orders are packed out to the highest quality and shipped on time. Undertake packing shed operations duties and provide advice, direction and support to shed staff whilst working alongside key members of growing and marketing management.
Reporting directly to the managing director and working closely with other senior farms staff, you will be responsible for (but not limited to) the following:
- Ensuring all produce is packed to the highest quality.
- Ensuring management of cold chain.
- Maintaining the Packing shed cleanliness, adhering to all food safety and Freshcare requirements.
- Completing accurate and detailed reporting for daily product packouts.
- Performing packing shed operations tasks as required.
- Working closely with the Marketing Manager and farm operations manager with regard to scheduled harvest, orders and destinations etc.
- Ensuring accurate management of online Chep and Crate accounts.
- Managing electronic Pallet labelling systems.
- Ensuring batch coding and inventory management systems are adhered to.
- Organising/coordinating in-house and external transport for the refrigerated delivery of packed produce on time.
- Managing/maintaining packaging stock/consumables and reorder as necessary.
- Actively participating in farm meetings and forums as required.
- Organising and rostering as necessary all casual staff.
- Training, mentoring and performance managing packing staff.
- Ensuring labour and cost of packing expenses are tightly managed throughout the washing and packing process.
- Liaising with workshop mechanic to ensure equipment is appropriately maintained and serviced to minimise downtime
- Ensuring that OH&S obligations are implemented and adhered to by team members.
- Performing other duties as required within the scope of your skills and responsibilities.
To be successful in the role you will possess the following skills and attributes:
- Have a positive, can-do attitude.
- Significant experience in produce packing or production equivalent.
- Ability to maintain very high work standards with strong attention to detail.
- Strong understanding of food safety standards.
- Strong computer skills. experience wth Bartender software would be advantageous.
- Flexible and adaptable to changing schedules and the needs of the market and environment.
- Good analytical and problem solving skills.
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills.
- Team player who can also work autonomously.
- Good leadership skills.
- Be able to work flexible hours at times due to weather and seasonal influences.
- Ability to build a great team and nurture a culture of striving for quality & improvement.
- Strong commitment to Workplace Health & Safety.