Angelic Organics Learning Center was established as the 501(c)(3) non-profit educational partner to Angelic Organics CSA farm in 1999.
We now reach more than 5,000 people annually. Our On-Farm Programs include workshops, field trips, summer camps, and most recently, educational farm stays at Angelic Organics Lodge. Our Upper Midwest CRAFT farmer training alliance joins more than 200 members within the sustainable & organic food system. Our Stateline Farm Beginnings program has graduated nearly 300 sustainable farmers since 2006. We also coordinate Urban Agriculture Programs committed to community and youth development in Rockford, IL. Our food & farm advocacy work helps transform local and national policies.
About the Position
This position is responsible for coordinating the educational programs of the Farmer Training Initiative including coordinating program logistics, program delivery, data entry, coordinating outreach and recruitment for programs, program evaluation, and farmer alliance work. See Angelic Organics Learning Center’s Farmer Training Initiative for more information about our work. Bi-lingual candidates (English & Spanish) are strongly encouraged to apply.
We seek an energetic, positive, organized, and solution-oriented teammate who can work independently and in collaboration with staff and stakeholders! An unyielding love of and respect for food, farming, social justice, and the natural world is essential. Below is a summary of the skills & experience required for the position. For a full job description click here.
Experience and/or Education
- A four-year college degree and/or commensurate experience
- 2+ years of work experience in a role coordinating people, data, or content
- 2+ years of work experience in food, sustainable farming, and/or experiential education.
- Ability to facilitate experiential education in cross-cultural environments.
- Comfortable working and presenting in person and virtually.
- Highly organized, reliable, and hardworking.
- Ability to take initiative and to manage multiple priorities.
- Strong time management skills.
- Developed interpersonal skills and comfortable relationship building.
- Able to be both collaborative and directive, as needed.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Patient, compassionate, approachable, responsive, and open-minded.
- Asset-based thinker.
- Ability to make casual conversation, connect with people from diverse backgrounds.
- Acts as a positive representative of the organization.
- Extensive experience with Adobe Suites/Indesign, Google Drive/Suites.
- Experience with Constant Contact, Facebook (and other social media platforms)
Licensing/ Certification Required
Note: Training available after hire if needed.
- This position coordinates off-site training, events, and farm visits, all staff who drive for work are required to have a valid drives licenses and proof of insurance
- Must be willing to maintain first aid and CPR certification
All our staff work in the presence of young people and the ability to pass a background check is required.Apply via Regen Farming News →
Phone: +1 815-389-8455