Our mission is to make agroforestry a cornerstone of agriculture. Propagate Ventures makes it easy for investors to fund low-risk agroforestry projects, while helping farmers increase profitability, through our analytics & project development platform.
At Propagate, we’re an empathetic and charismatic team. We have a deep passion for nature, and of course, we love trees. We believe economics can work in harmony with nature, and that regenerative agriculture can be a financial and ecological success. Outside of work, you’ll find us connecting locally with farmers, playing music, and getting active outdoors.
We are looking for an experienced Project Manager to lead the organization of client projects. This new role focuses on managing the flow of resources to our existing (and new) farms by coordinating people and processes.
As a key member of the team, you’ll be the go-to person for everything involving a project’s organization and timeline while developing our project management infrastructure.
What you’ll do
- Coordinate internal resources and third parties/vendors for the successful execution of projects.
- Create and adhere to the planning, budgeting, oversight, and documentation of all aspects of work flow on our farms.
- Ensure that all projects are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget.
- Monitor and track project scope, schedule and costs and risks.
- Maintain relationships with all clients and partners.
- Focus on enhancing both the economic productivity and biological vigor of the farm.
- Perform necessary research, and attend conferences & trainings to build an understanding of agroforestry, food systems, and our industry.
- Develop and adhere to third party/vendor data and ratings to ensure we have up-to-date databases.
- Source tree genetics as well as inputs (such as fertilizer, mulch, machinery, and labor) and ensure quality standards.
- Coordinate with commercial buyers of farm products.
- Other duties may be assigned, and participation in special projects as required.
Who you are
- You have proven project management experience, and are fluent in the initiation, planning, execution, and monitoring of agricultural projects.
- Like us, you value creativity, curiosity, and intellectual honesty, and you are committed to solving problems as a team.
- You’re passionate about creating a positive impact, and are motivated to join a small, incredibly productive team to do extraordinary things!
You have the following skills and experience (if you don’t have a listed skill or experience, we still encourage you to apply):
- Demonstrated experience in a similar position (as a project manager, procurement manager, farm manager, or development manager and/or a project administrator).
- Background in the food system, regenerative agriculture, forestry, or a related field preferred.
- Experience in relationship management with the ability to relate to and communicate with a wide variety of stakeholders.
- Technical background with an understanding or hands-on experience in agroforestry/agriculture.
- Strong sense of honesty, high ethical standards, reliability, and trustworthiness; holding yourself mutually accountable with the team.
Additional education & experience that could be helpful
- BS/BA degree in a related field preferred.
- 3+ years relevant experience in project management or a related role.
- Digital literacy and proficiency in spreadsheet and project management software is essential.
- Being bilingual or multilingual is a plus.
- PMP / PRINCE II certification is a plus.
Who we are
At Propagate, we believe that by equipping people with the best tools to solve problems, we can tackle big challenges, together! We’re always looking for talented people who are interested in building a more resilient future. We are a venture-backed startup, founded in 2017, backed by The Grantham Environmental Trust, Techstars, Elemental Excelerator and Exelon Foundation.
Propagate is strongly committed to equity in its policies, practices, and programs.
People of color, women, LGBTQ-identifying, individuals with disabilities and/or veterans are encouraged to apply. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.Apply via Regen Farming News →
Phone: 908 448 1863