Work with a team to develop new soil carbon projects, execute project management outcomes for optimal soil carbon sequestration, provide a high level of ongoing service to farmers and other landowners, as well as collect and maintain data according to best practice procedures.
Major Responsibilities & Accountabilities
- Manage projects by ensuring required processes and activities occur, such as on-farm practices, project compliance and reporting.
- Identify new opportunities and engage positively with landholders to Plan and establish soil carbon projects on agriculture properties.
- Generate GIS maps of carbon estimation areas within projects.
- Assist in the coordination of soil health and other education programs for clients and the community alike.
- Maintain positive client relationships through continuous communication and reliable support to ensure compliance.
- Provide advice and input on policy and method development as needed.
- Building confidence amongst external stakeholders around the new opportunities in soil carbon farming, whilst simultaneously managing risks and setting client expectations.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- Ideally 3+ years of professional experience within the agriculture, environmental or carbon sectors.
- Experience in GIS techniques preferable.
- High attention to detail and strong organisational and project management skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills, both face to face and remotely.
- An understanding of Carbon Farming and the Emissions Reduction Fund, including reporting, compliance and carbon accounting is highly desirable.
- Qualifications/lived experience in areas relating to soil science; soil, pasture or livestock management; regenerative agriculture; and soil carbon.
Phone: 08 9388 9179