Belcampo is a vertically integrated company that produces Certified Organic and humane, pasture-raised meats. Belcampo Farms uses regenerative practices to make a product that is not only good for you but is good for the planet. Belcampo Farms is located in far Northern California near Mt. Shasta We currently have restaurants and butcher shops in Northern and Southern California where most of our products are sold. We can also ship meat anywhere in the country.
As a Swine Technician, you will be responsible for taking care of our pigs. All pigs are checked daily to ensure they have adequate food, water, and shelter. Other tasks include bedding, moving/sorting pigs, administering vaccines, cleaning barns, and delivering hogs to our butchery located in Yreka. We are a farrow to finish the operation and have 500-600 pigs at any given time. This includes both breeding stock and market hogs. You will be expected to handle everything from tiny piglets to large sows. Our pigs live in a modified indoor/outdoor operation so you will be subject to all weather conditions.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- 20% Feed, water, bedding, and overall herd health
- 15% Moving pigs, fencing, and/or equipment.
- 15% Maintenance of feeding and watering systems
- 20% Fence Maintenance
- 15% Maintenance of production records
- 15% Farrowing specific tasks such as castration, AI, heat checks, etc.
- Strong Communication
- Task management
- Comfortable working up close and personal with large animals
- Team player and self-starter
- Patience and ability to remain calm while working with animals
- Prior livestock management experience
- High school diploma/GED required
Minimum Physical Requirements:
- This position requires an employee who can work on their feet for 8-12 hours a day, as much as 6 days a week
- Lift approximately 50 pounds
- Ability to endure extreme weather conditions such as extreme heat and cold.
- Swine biology
- Modern ranch and farming systems
- Organic livestock production and record-keeping
- Experience with Artificial Insemination
- Farrowing sows and castrating piglets
- Farm implement operation
- Mechanical repair and maintenance
- Bilingual in Spanish and English a plus
Phone: (510) 250-7810