Hortau is an industry-leading Ag Tech company that has seen tremendous growth in the last sixteen years. We manufacture a patented soil sensing technology that measures plant water needs for optimum production. This real-time information is used by our Certified Irrigation Advisors to schedule irrigations for commercial farm operations. Our systems include sensors, wireless communication devices, and a web-based (or cloud) applications. We service fruit, nut, and vegetable growers throughout North America. This position is for the central valley of California.
We are seeking a high-level, experienced Sales professional to be accountable for generating revenue through direct outside sales. Must be able to prospect for new customers and maintain client relations. Required to meet sales goals set by Vice President of Sales. Must be self-sufficient in daily, weekly, and monthly planning. Must be self-driven and autonomous in day-to-day activities. Required to meet periodically to review and improve sales practices across the company.
Duties And Responsibilities:
- Find and generate Sales Leads.
- Use leads to create clients by explaining the function of our technology and the ability of our services to bring a high rate of return to the grower.
- Maintain extensive knowledge as to the science behind our solution.
- Actively guide clients in understanding the effectiveness of measuring plant stress.
- Report all sales activity, opportunities, contact info, leads, and other pertinent information in Hortau’s CRM platform; SalesForce daily.
- Meet and exceed customer expectations through excellent communication using mobile devices, computers, and other means of communication.
- Manage all accounts located in the assigned territory.
- Network to build leads by joining organizations, sponsoring events, and contributing to the local communities in the assigned territory.
- Present a well-groomed, professional image to clients.
- Maintain valid state driver license at all times.
- Schedule meetings with prospective clients and existing clients, taking into consideration travel times and overnight accommodations.
- Meet all required sales goals on a monthly basis.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to present technical information to a diverse audience
- Enrollment and adoption of Hortau’s sales training program
- Demonstrated knowledge of agricultural production practices in particular fruit and nut productions
- Attention to detail; able to multitask
- Strong computer skills
- Sc in Agriculture related field, preferably agronomy, crop science, fruit science, soil science with a good understanding of crop and soil management (irrigation, fertilization, salinity) or closely related field from an accredited institution
- 3-5 years of outside sales related experience.
- Entrepreneurial spirit to grow with the company and seize the opportunity
For more information and current openings, send your resume to email@example.com with the job title you are interested in noted in the body of the email.Apply via Regen Farming News →
Phone: (805) 545-5994