Tamburlaine Organic Wines is one of the largest producers of organic wines in Australia. The greatest proportion of our owned, leased and contracted vineyards are in the Orange/Molong districts.
We had, until 2020, been based in the Hunter Valley, but now also own a large winery at Cudal (formerly the Cumulus winery) and have a Cellar Door in Millthorpe. We are committed to organic viticulture and winemaking in an effort to enhance soil health and nurture the environment, as well as producing premium fruit and wine.
This is your opportunity to be part of a growing and vital Australian wine company.
Qualification and Experience
- You’ll need to love working outdoors, be self-motivated and reliable
- A current C class licence is essential
- Knowledge of viticulture practices is desirable
- Heavy rigid licence and Chemcert AQF3 would be a bonus
- Truck and forklift licence would be great
- Please send references from previous employment
- We require both a vineyard operator and a vineyard team supervisor/leading hand.
- Salary will be determined by your experience and the role you accept.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Carry out vineyard operations efficiently and effectively at the required level, as directed by the vineyard manager
- be able to operate vineyard machinery – tractors, grape harvesters, multi-row equipment
- make sure all vineyard operations run smoothly and efficiently and are completed in a timely manner
- be prepared to work out of normal hours when seasonal demand requires
- be prepared to work shifts during vintage
- prepare and complete all organic vineyard management programs- including pest, weed and disease monitoring and control, canopy management, trellis maintenance, nutritional management, pruning regimes, yield optimisation and estimation, harvest, vine training regimes
- maintain and operate all plant and machinery in accordance with safe operating procedures and policies
Phone: +61 2 4998 4222